40

Lorelei's POV:

I groan as I regain consciousness. I try not to move, pretend I'm still asleep while I regain focus on my surroundings.

A twig snaps in the distance.

I tense a little but force myself to relax.

Someone kicks my leg.

"I know you're awake. We need that information. The longer you drag this out, the worse this'll get." Kane says

It's nighttime. It's been two days.

I have to reserve my strength. Hopefully I can take them out soon.

There's a fire crackling a few feet away from me.

"Sit up." Kane growls and kicks me again

I do and wipe the hair from my face.

"Last chance to tell us how you got that moonlight ring." Will says

"If what you told me is true about my parents, I'll die before I help you." I growl

I watch as Kane walks over to the fire and pulls out a pipe red hot from heat. I try and move away quickly, pulling myself backwards but it's no use. Will grabs my arm and Kane brings the pipe to my right cheek. I scream as the burning hot metal connects to skin. It sizzles and leaves a stench of burning flesh in the air.

"Tell me!" Kane snaps as he removes it and places it down again

I let out another scream.

He picks it up again.

I spit in his face and he throws me backwards and I land hard on my back.

My mind starts to race but I have to focus. If I don't, I'll die.

I focus on my heart beat.

Breathe.

Inhale. Exhale.

Everything will be okay.

What if I lie?

They're planning on killing me anyway.

I know for a fact that Kane is just waiting for me to break so he can end my life. He's probably been thinking about it since I got him kicked out of the pack.

He presses the metal into my skin again and another scream erupts out of me. A scream of anger and pain. My eyes glow and we all hear in the following silence, a bone snap as I start to turn.

"Ah ah you better stop that!" Will says

Kane grabs the pipe again but Will holds out a hand, stopping him from approaching me.

"What the hell are you doing? This bitch deserves to suffer for what she did to us!" Kane snaps
"We still need that information Kane!" Will points out

Kane throws the pipe into the fire causing sparks to fly up into the air.

I wince and wonder how long it'll be until I can make my move and run for it.

Klaus's POV:

I look out into the clearing and spot Lorelei, motionless on the ground. I freeze, a cold wave washing over me until I see the subtle motion of her chest rising up and down.

She's still alive.

I scan her from a distance. She's coated in blood and what seems to be burn marks.

They were torturing her.

Her captors won't be alive for long.

Elijah rushes at one of the men, catching him by surprise. The man topples to the ground but gets up quickly. They deliver blow after blow to one another and I refocus on Rebekah. She takes off after the other wolf while I head for Lorelei.

I rush towards her. She's covered in blood, bruises and as soon as my hand makes contact, she jerks upright, her golden eyes latching onto me. I step back and give her a moment to focus.

"It's alright. It's just me love. You're safe." I say

Her eyes close and her head falls to the ground.

I unchain her and lift her into my arms. Twigs snap and I turn toward the direction the noise had come from. Rebekah walks back over, her mouth covered in blood. She wipes it off and after seeing that we're okay, turns toward the direction Elijah had taken off. She vanishes as she speeds off in his direction.

I carry Lorelei to the car that Kol had compelled for us and set her down. He still sits in the driver seat. I scan her for any severe injuries. I buckle her in and close the door.

Rebekah appears behind me.

"She'll heal." Rebekah says with a comforting hand on my shoulder

I nod.

Elijah walks back over, cleaning off the blood on his hands with a handkerchief.

"I'm driving." I say

He gets out and moves into one of the backseats and I climb into the driver's side.

The entire time driving back home, I find myself glancing from the road then to Lorelei's direction.