141

Skylar would have stayed on the ground all night, hands over her face, if it wasn't for Sirius picking her up in his arms and bringing her downstairs. He sat her in her spot at the kitchen table beside him. No one sat at the head of the table anymore, to Sirius they were all equal in his home. Once Skylar and Sirius moved to their new cottage, this would belong to James Lily and Remus. Blue too if he continued to stay in England.
Skylar could smell the food before she was brought fully down the stairs. Italian was another one of her favorites, it was too bad the idea of eating what was in front of her made her hands sweat, made her stomach turn.

Sirius plated Skylar's like he did the rest of his group, spaghetti meatballs and homemade bread. He used a cheese grater to added a heavy amount of shredded cheese to her plate, the way she always liked it.
As everyone else ate their meal and caught Skylar up on what was going on, Sirius sat waiting for Skylar to begin eating. She was using her fork to push food around, seeming uninterested.
"Skylar, it's safe. I made it"

"I made the meatballs" James said proudly.

"He helped with the meatballs yes" Sirius said, still Skylar didn't touch her food. Sirius started to feel insecure, though no fault to her, even when she was having food aversions in December she still ate his dumplings. The way she stared at the food now was different, like she was looking at a nightmare. Sirius started eating his own meal, hoping it would entice Skylar to eat too.

It didnt. Skylar didn't know how to tell Sirius that his meal made her anxious. The bread, though beautiful prepared, was a symbol of what she had to go through for six months. The cheese was the same way, moldy bread and cheese was all she was given to survive off of. There were times she ate it, not often maybe once a month, she got sick every time.
"I...I" she didn't know how to speak her fear. Her mind was haunted with Dementors when she slept, her reality was being haunted by reminders of what she was forced to survive under. Making matters worse, a thunderstorm rolled in. Skylar jumped at the sound of lightening crashing into a nearby tree, the sound of sparks echoed loudly throughout the house along with the drums of thunder. Shadow ran from the window to upstairs, hiding under the bed.

"Do you want to try again later?" Sirius asked calmly. Remus and James continued eating, trying to make what was going on as casual as they could keep it.

Skylar put her hands over her ears, shaking her body back and forth she tried calming her nervous system. Wet sobs started crawling up her throat, exiting her mouth.
"I can't do this" she said hands tight in her hair now.

Sirius was breaking along with Skylar. He looked to his friends for support, needing some guidance. Remus got out of his seat and walked over to Skylar. He pulled her into his chest, letting her sob on him. Sirius was next, along with James. The group held her together as best they could. Remus was the most sensitive to emotions, he knew he was going to have to be the one helping Skylar this time. Sirius was a great listener, but that's where it ended. James couldn't listen, he was too distracted with the next project. Remus would be there for his friend, seeing her reminded him of when he was broken trying to kill himself. She knew what to do to keep him living, he was going to keep her alive too.

"I...I" Skylar tried again.

"Take your time" Remus said

"I...I was f-f" sobs breaking through her body made speaking impossible. "I'm getting t-too hot" she started shoving the bodies off of her own, everyone backed off. Sirius couldn't help the hurt that her gesture brought to him, she never once shoved him away. More cracks of lightening, more thunder. Skylar was dealing with a nightmare, rocking back and forth. "I...I need to leave"

"Where do you want to go?" Remus asked calmly

"A-anywhere please" she picked her head up from her hands, white eyes and brown hair. Her bottom lip was trembling, barring a frown on her face.