#32#

A/N note: First thing first, My lovely readers, pleeease forgive me for the extreme delay in update. I promise, I won't stop this time until I complete this book.

#Bella

_______

Life is full of changes.

Sometimes those small yet significant changes are welcomed with a warm smile and wide open arms while  sometimes they are forced upon us with no escape in sight.

However, for Lan Zhan, the sudden sweet change in his otherwise boring and meaningless life was so beautiful, so precious that it filled him with fear, worries, nervousness and all kinds of ominous dark thoughts with no peace and much awaited blissful happiness in sight.

No matter how much he meditated, how tightly and closely he held his Little Ying’er in his arms, how much he spent every single moment of his time, his life with his beloved, he soon realized there was absolutely nothing that could help him calm his worried soul, heart and mind.

Somehow, for the second time in his life, the first being when h-he lost his soulmate, his Wei Ying because of the cruel sinister schemes and massacre of the Nightless city, Lan Zhan's heart just couldn’t seem to shake off the  lingering fear that something is going to be wrong. Very wrong.

And once again, he’s just as helpless as ever, to save his loved one from going away from him. These dark, poisonous, consuming thoughts were so overwhelming, so nerve-wracking that he tried but couldn’t even enjoy this precious blessing of a time which his little Ying has bestowed upon him even after listening to everything that had transpired in their past life.

“Lan Zhaaaannn! Stop being so petty, Zhan gege. Your Ying’er is right here! Snuggled in your arms! On our biiigg bed! In our Jingshi!!! Why are you still sulking over Ayuan gege’s provocative words?! ...He was only trying to make me smile and you know that already!

Please Zhan gege, smile for your Ying, puhleesshh, please please?!” Yingying looked at Lan Zhan with his glistening silver doe-like eyes, pouting adorably

Sighing heavily, Lan Zhan’s intense golden eyes looked deep into the hypnotizing pools of silver, his body moving on his own accord as his lips planted a lingering chaste kiss on his beloved’s forehead bringing him even more closer into his arms while trying to relax his racing heart and mind, inhaling the lotus flowers and spicy fragrance of his Ying’er that somehow was much clearer, more pronounced that it has ever been before.

When he first met Ying’er in his small midnight black baby bunny form six years ago, although this fragrance was there but it wasn’t as close as to what he remembered about his Wei Ying but in the last few days of sleeping with him, he could feel that his lotus flowers and spicy fragrance wasn’t just becoming close but more or less almost identical to that of Wei Ying.

And while this was exactly what Lan Zhan has been wishing for since so many years, to have his Wei Ying back so he- he could tell him everything, all that happened all those years ago and all about his feelings, his desires and his need to be with him for every day of their life, forever...the timing of this sudden change being so close to Ying’s upcoming birthday coupled with the horrifying incident of last year…

However, no matter what happens in the future, your Lan Zhan vows to protect you, keep you happy and safe, my Little Ying’er. I won’t ever let you go away from me. Your Lan Zhan will always be there for you and with you, in life and in death, never to be apart again.

As each of them were lost in thoughts, several minutes passed by in peaceful comfortable silence as Yingying and Lan Zhan laid on their bed together with their closed eyes and soft smiles gracing their visages, listening to each other’s heartbeats, enjoying the pure normalness of this beautiful gesture, a privilege, a need so essential to their survival, this warm closeness, a food for their souls was lost to them for so long, all because of their silence and misunderstandings leading to painful year-long separation even when they lived under the same roof...

It was only after Yingying heard and felt the breathing and movement of Lan Zhan’s broad chest has started to follow a steady rhythm, did he pull himself away from his tight embrace and whispered, “Zhan gege, are you awake?!!”

*Don't forget to vote!*