XX

SKY's POV

WHAT???

It is the question hanging in the air. I didn't understand what was happening but I can still hear my heart in my ears from what Tricia did earlier. And now, this.

What's going on really, Rebecca?

I remember the intensity of seriousness in her eyes earlier as she walks towards me until she got my back flat against the wall. I wasn't scared because I trust her. And I know she won't do anything that will cause some complications to the situation. I know her well. Tricia's the kind of person who use her brain first before doing anything. But my heart was pounding so loud that I thought she could hear it so I put my hands on her chest to draw distance.

I told myself I would stop and focus on my wedding. I told myself that all these feelings are just because she showed up so suddenly. But now...what?

All these things she's initiating and she thought I didn't have any reaction? I was just controlling myself and hiding it well. Even when she pinned me against the wall with my hands about my head which is honestly a major turn on and I could feel nothing but hot flashes from head to toe. I thought she would kiss me.

I kept flipping on the bed as I think about what she said before she walked out;

"I hate that you look so happy walking down that aisle."

What was that supposed to mean? What was I supposed to look like then?

Thinking about all these are just making me angry. Then I fished my phone from my bag. I was about to call Cassey but my cellphone is out of battery unfortunately. I let out a heavy sigh as I looked at the door then force myself to close my eyes.

Wait, why am I feeling disappointed all of the sudden? And did I just said that I thought she was going to kiss me? W-what??!

Ughh! Go to sleep Sky! Stop thinking of unnecessary things!

...

I woke up feeling warm, comfortable but quite down at the same time. As I look towards the window, the sky is still dark. I check the clock on the nightstand and it reads four o'clock in the morning. I slowly sit up, try to full wake my senses and also, I wanted to know where Tricia is, since I'm still all alone in bed and then I find her sleeping on the couch. What happened last night came rushing back to me. I get up from bed and walk over to her who lay there as comfortable as she can get. She even slept like a child. Despite of our miscommunication last night, I couldn't help but smile at how peaceful she looked while sleeping. She looks so angelic and I felt bad for fighting with her which I now find silly because WHY and WHAT are we fighting about really?

I was staring at her for God knows how long and I just thought of the days where we used to be uncomplicated people. Where we used to lay down and talk random things and laugh at our silly little jokes and dreams. Where I used to love her peacefully in silence. But now, everything is just so hard. Maybe it's wrong for me to say this but since she came back in my life, I questioned everything when it comes to marrying Nico. Is this right? Am I really going to do it? Do I really love him in the past 6yrs? Or he was just a temporary cure to my loneliness while I'm hoping for her to comeback? Because God knows, the moment I saw her, my heartbeat didn't sound the same the way it beats for the man who I thought I'm ready to be with and spend my whole life together for the rest of my days.

No Sky! You're wrong... Nico is the only one for you. He proved himself to be worthy of everything you have all this years! Rebecca was as is always be that coward!

My mind is having a battle of thoughts when Tricia moved. I stand right away and stepped back because I don't want her to know that I'm watching her while she sleeps. She then turned and faced the window then turned again to face me before she fell on the floor because when she turned around, there was no more space for her to turn to.

I shook my head but smiled.

"This is why I told you to sleep on the bed with me, Armstrong." I told her as I tower over her.

Her sleepy eyes opened and closed until her focus was back.

"Skay? What are you doing up? Is it morning?" She asked as she get herself up. But without waiting for my answer, she looked at the window then the clock.

"Oh, it's early in the morning... but again, why are you up already? It's too early." She said as he sat back down on the couch.

"I just woke up. I went to pee."

Then I sat on the bed. We stayed still with an uncomfortable silence and tension hanging in the air.

"So, are you going to tell me what the hell you meant last night?" Or are we waiting for something to blow up?

TRICIA's POV

"So, are you going to tell me what the hell you meant last night?" Or are we waiting for something to blow up?"

Before answering Sky, I took a deep breath and looked at her. I know she will not let it go and not stop until she get her answers. I want to tell her already but, right now...

I don't know.

"It's really nothing. Look, I'm sorry I raised my voice on you and said inappropriate and rude things. I want you to know that I didn't mean them. I guess I was just tired because I came from going through almost every park and flower shops in the city with Lyssa yesterday before I came to pick you up. And it's not that I didn't want to go with you, I was just tired, you know."

And my words were partly true so she can't say I was lying. We look at each other trying to swim through each one's eyes for explanations. And after a while, she took a deep breath.

"I really don't know if you're telling the truth or not right now, Bec. Or if you're telling me half-truth but I just want to forget that this ever happened because I don't want to be upset and angry with you since it's been years from when we last saw each other. I want us to go along and go back to the way we were. But I'm not sure if we can still be the same because obviously, 6yrs is such a long time ago and seems like we're different person now. But I just miss you you know."

I can hear a hint of sadness from her tone that I don't like and that I hate hearing. Then she fell silent as she lay on the bed slowly and I just want to scoop her up and hug her so tight. Then I realize that since last night, I've been feeling more intense towards her and this isn't good.

Just lie back down, Trish. Go back to sleep.

But my feet walked towards her as if they had a mind of their own. And all of a sudden, I didn't have control over my body and I am doing my best to fight it. But Sky started to get back up but I put both my hands on either side of her on the bed, imprisoning her in my arms as if I'm scared she'll escape or I'll lose her again and slowly leaned in so she was on her back on the bed.

"W-what are y-you doing?" She asked but I have no intention to explain myself.

Instead, I hover over her and I force myself to straighten up and walk away. But my body won't listen nor follow me anymore. I stare into her beautiful brown eyes and slowly, I lean in until our lips were just centimeters apart. I felt that gravity was no longer forcing me to kiss her because from here on, it would clearly be my choice. I have no one to blame for my actions.

Her eyes are looking at me intensely again and before I could see another shift in her reaction, I close my eyes and lean in to close the gap between us.

At first I thought she'll resist or push me away but as soon as our lips touched, I feel welcomed.