⌜one⌟

ONE
ⅰ. hot new ranger

𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 | 100 Bad Days by AJR

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

❝Uh, she's sorry,❞ Read off Danny as Ben stared at him with worrisome eyes. "She didn't know what else to do. And she needs a little time." He finished off reading and looked up at Ben.

"Time? How much time?!" Ben was exasperated; he did not want a child messing up his plans. But as soon as the thought came, it vanished with a knock. "And that would be the perfect amount of time." Ben all but ran to the door, but not before Tucker and Danny interjected.

"Oh, That's Riley." "Oh, That's Nat." Both men looked at each other, squinting as they continued, "I  gave her a call while you were outside." They both took a step back and pointed, "STOP THAT!" Ben all but rolled his eyes. Why on earth would Tucker call Nat here? And Riley, the girl who, throughout his childhood, belittled and bullied him. 

"Why would you call Nat here?" Ben sighed as his best friend arched his eyebrow, "Unknown baby, plus now Crazy Angela, pretty sure you need a lawyer. And who's Riley?" Tucker looked at Danny, and no one was better equipped to help him and Ben than Natalia. She'd helped out of trouble, and he meant A LOT.

"Riley? Fatpants Perrin?" Ben questioned his brother, who nodded, "You have a friend named Fatpants?" Tucker grew worried, especially once Ben confirmed what he had just said. "Oh, I'm marking my food." Tucker was ready to grab a Sharpie and spend his afternoon writing 'tucker's' all over the kitchen.

"Riley's in law school now. Took her a while," Danny explained; he honestly just wanted to see her, "I guess the LSAT's kind of tricky, but trust me, she will know what to do. Not like whatever dollar-an-hour lawyer Tucker got you." He glared down at the man, who snickered in response. Tucker would give Danny the benefit of the doubt. But Natalia not only aced her LSATs but had gotten a job as soon as she had finished them, albeit an internship, but it was the fastest he had heard about from anyone. His father was more than impressed. Ben looked at Tucker, shaking his head, letting Danny think he was right would be much faster.

He breathed out, ready to face his fat pants tormentor or the scary but sexy lawyer, "Ri-Gantor?" He was surprised. A skinny, short-haired blonde was now standing in front of him, nothing like the past Perrin he had imagined. He quickly looked behind her, not a trace of Natalia around. Was it a good or bad thing? He hadn't decided yet.

"Ben-Wetter!" The blonde lowered her voice as she went for a hug, "Look at you. You look amazing!" Ben couldn't help but let his eyes wander up and down, "How did that happen?" 

The blonde grimaced as she nervously grabbed her bag, "I may have lost a pound or two." she tried to laugh it off. "Hundred. You sat on my head and gave me a concussion, remember?" He laughed, although it wasn't a pretty memory for either of them.

"Then that makes her my hero," Familiar long black hair came into Ben's view. The woman, better known as Natalia Romeo, had finally arrived, not that she didn't take her precious time getting here. "Nat!" Ben all but pushed Riley out of the way. The blonde frowned; was this his girlfriend? She sure was gorgeous and looked effortlessly put together, nothing like Riley's current appearance.

"So, finally learned what the consequences of being an idiot are?" She crossed her arms as she came into the doorway, "And aren't you going to introduce us?" She eyed the blonde. She seemed innocent. So why was she hanging around Wheeler?