Chapter 1

Kai woke up to the sound of his alarm. He shifted around the bed and groaned. It's only been a month since they stopped Imperium from draining their powers. It's only been a month since he's been out of that orb. After a few moments, he got up.

He checked his arm, the area that got burned while he was electrocuted by Rapton. Kai heard a knock at the door, it suddenly opened.
Kai hid behind his blanket. He hoped it wasn't Jordana.. but he was mistaken.. it was Arin.
"Oh, it's just you.."

"I just wanted to check up on you, I wanted to know if you were doing okay.." Arin said. "Yeah.. I'm fine, let's go."
Kai got up from his bed and walked out the door. Arin looked worried, but ignored his feeling of being worried.
~~~
"UGH!! WE NEED ANOTHER PLAN!!" Beatrix shouted. "Those ninja have ruined it again!!"
Rapton was sweating, head to toe, he was actually scared of Beatrix getting mad. "GET ME THE RED NINJA!!"
Rapton nodded, "Of course, I will send Jordana."

"JORDANA!!" Rapton yelled. "Yes Sir Rapton?" Jordana said. "Get the red ninja, the queen's orders."
Jordana nodded and grabbed her equipment.
~~~
Kai was in the bathroom, washing up all the scars he had. He heard a knock and turned around, he needed to be prepared. The capture of Beatrix affected him more than anyone else in the monastery. "Who's there..?" Kai mumbled. "Kai, it's me Lloyd." Lloyd said on the other side of the door. "We're going on a mission."
"Oh, alright. Just me and you?" Kai replied.
"Yeah."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kai and Lloyd packed up for the mission and headed to the Spirit Temple. Lloyd was more worried and excited at the same time, the other half was worried about Kai and the other half was spending time with him after saving him from dying from their last adventure.

Kai and Lloyd arrived at the temple and started to examine it. "Kai, go check on the right side and I'll check on the left."
Kai nodded and went over to his right. Lloyd didn't find anything important that could help them stop Imperium from taking over the merge.

"Woah..!! Lloyd, look what I found!!" Kai gasped in amazement. Lloyd turned around and saw Kai had a scroll in his hands. "What is it?" Kai asked. "It's a scroll used by the First Spinjitzu Master.." Lloyd said. Kai handed Lloyd the scroll.

Wither and decay
End this destiny
Break these earthly chains,
And set the spirit free.

Lloyd looked around, he saw nothing happening. Kai had a confused look on his face, "Uhhh.. is something supposed to happen??"
"I don't think so??" Lloyd replied in an unsure way. "Here, you try." Lloyd gave the scroll back to Kai. Kai took a deep breath and started reading the scroll.

Wither and decay
End this destiny
Break these earthly chains,
And set the spirit feee

The ground started changing to a dark color and it started spreading all around.

"Uhh, K-Kai..?" Lloyd stuttered.

Wither and decay
End this destiny
Break these earthly chains,
And set the spirit free

Kai's hair started to turn black and Lloyd suddenly collapsed onto the ground.

Wither and decay
End this destiny
Break these earthly chains,
And set the spirit free..

Kai's eyes suddenly turned black. "K-Kai.. I.. think that's enoug— K-Kai.." Lloyd coughed. Lloyd gasped when he saw Kai drop the scroll on the ground.

Wither and decay..
End this destiny...
Break these earthly chains,
And set the spirit free,
The spirit free..

Kai's now dark black hair moved and flowed with the lines of the scroll. Everything around Kai and Lloyd started to turn back to normal and Kai did too. Kai gasped and collapsed, Lloyd was able to catch him in his arms. "W-what.. happened..??" Kai mumbled. "I-I don't know.. your eyes and hair turned black and the ground turned into a death-like decaying color.." Lloyd explained.

"Can we go back to the monastery so Zane can  scan it and figure out what happened??"
Lloyd nodded and started to follow Kai out the temple.

Jordana and Rapton were outside of the temple  and were ready to attack Lloyd and Kai. Kai looked up and saw Jordana and Rapton, "LLOYD LOOK OUT!!"
Rapton punched Kai and he hit the wall of the temple and passed out. Lloyd used his powers and blasted Rapton out of the way. Jordana jumped down, "Nice seeing you again, green ninja."
"You'll pay for what you did to Kai, Jordana." Lloyd grabbed his sword from his back and began to fight with Jordana. Rapton got up and shot Lloyd in the back, causing him to also hit the wall of the temple, landing right next to Kai and passing out.

"Ho-oh!! This is way better than what we imagined! We even got the green ninja!!" Rapton chuckled. "Should we leave him here? Beatrix only wanted the red ninja."

Rapton grabbed duct tape from his vehicle and stuck it on Lloyd's mouth and then got a piece of cloth from his pocket and tied it around Lloyd's mouth. Rapton lifted up Lloyd and tied him in vengestone chains around a tree. "That should keep him quiet until the others find him."

Jordana nodded and did the same as Rapton, but instead took Kai onto Rapton's vehicle and drove off with Rapton, leaving Lloyd alone..

~~
End of Chapter 1, Chapter 2 coming soon..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words: 917