Chapter 33.

The next day, they met their Grandma again to see Hazel's father in one of Valdez's warehouses. According to the police officer who spoke to them, Richard Canlas didn't hide and surrendered immediately, he said he was ready to admit everything that he did back then.

"You look exactly like that woman." Grandma said when they saw Hazel's father. "

"Who?" the man asked.

"Your daughter."

"You mean that crazy child?"

"What?"

"That child is a psycho!" the man said angrily. "She's the reason why I've been hiding for the past few years."

"What do you mean?" Caleb asked.

"I found out that she was looking for me for the past few years, so my police friends hid me in our area." they saw enraged on the man's face. "But when I learned that it was not that child who was looking for me this time, I immediately surrendered because I knew I needed to pay for my crime one of these days."

"Why did you hide from your own daughter?"

"Because that child and her mother made my life a hell." he answered. "At a young age, Hazel and her mother became slaves of those politicians for money. They made me their hitman and I couldn't do anything because they would kill me if I didn't do what they wanted. Hazel was eleven when her mother was killed because of an encounter with the police, and she blamed me for what happened to her mother because I didn't do what they asked me to do. I thought she would stop doing what she and her mother used to do, but a year later, she started that work again. The first order she received was to kill the son of Mrs. Valdez, the reward caused a fortune so I also accepted the order that Hazel gave to me. She knows the plan, so I was very surprised when I ran into her, I panicked because I hit my own daughter and at the same time I found out, that the car the politician gave us had no breaks, so I panicked and accidentally hit another car."

Neli's whole body trembled from what she found out. Because of them, her mother died. She wanted to slap, punch and kick the man who was kneeling in front of them but she stopped herself, she took a deep breath and calmed herself.

"I immediately ran away to get back to my daughter, but she was no longer at the scene of the accident. I never saw her again after that, which I was thankful for so I immediately returned to Mindanao to surrender to the police, but because no one sued me and I don't have any arrest warrant they just asked me to do a community service for two years and start a new life and a year later after the incident, I found out that she became a actress so I decided not to show to her again, I also had a new family now. But I was scared for them when I found out that she was suddenly looking for me this past few years, so I asked my police friends to hide me from her because I know that she will ask me to do something again, she's evil!"

They were silent for a few minutes as if they were wondering how Hazel could stomach such a job at such a young age.

"Did you know that we were the ones inside the car you crashed into?" she said with a serious face. "Did you know that my mother died because of you."

"I... I didn't... I'm sorry." the man bowed in front of her. "I'm so sorry."

"Your sorry will not bring back my mother's life." she said. "You have to pay for your crime and suffer in jail."

The man nodded.

Neli closed her eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself.

"And you need to help us... ah no, you have to help us to capture your daughter for her crime as well." she said. "If what you say is true, it means that she is the reason for everything that happened, to you and to all of us. So you have to find a way to catch her and put her in jail."