²⁸

Louder and louder.

The voices seemed to fade into nothing , yet somehow they were pounding into his skull. Taehyung had his eyes focused on the glass table since the board meeting had begun. He honestly couldn't care less about the company and its profits. He was here to lay low. He didn't care about which son inherited the company and became ceo. None of that interested him.

"My sons will be more than glad to attend the party on behalf of our company ".

He lift his head to glance at his father who was smiling from ear to ear. He seemed so proud to have them both working together yet he treated taehyung like trash for most of his life. Business and money were top priority for the kim family. Namjoon had that mindset , which is why he automatically became the favorite child. Taehyung on the other hand was a free spirit. He could not be contained and forced to work by the rules of others. He loved being himself. A chaotic wreck. He was magnificent in his own way.

"Glad to hear that", the blonde man stood to his feet, shaking their fathers extended hand. "Your boys will take this company to new heights ", he add. "I know they will", their father passed taehyung and joon smiles. "Shall we head out for lunch? I could eat a hippo", the blonde cackled. Their father simply nod. "Meeting dismissed. Joon and Tae, meet me in my office before you both call it a day", he instruct before leaving with the blonde. Soon everyone who attended the meeting disappeared too, leaving joon and tae alone in the conference room.

"Bet you zoned out", joon scoffed from across. It has been almost 2 weeks that Taehyung had been working with them. "Can you leave me the fuck alone, prick face", taehyung snapped. The sight of his brother infuriated him. "I'm not touching you asshole", joon shot back. "I never said you were ,cunt", taehyung countered. Joon rolled his eyes and stood to his feet, buttoning up his coat jacket. "You know what. Father may be impressed with your work standards and brilliant mindset but to me ,you will always be a fucking worthless piece of shit. I don't know why you suddenly hopped aboard the kim express but I will not sit back and allow you to steal the throne from me. I earned the ceo right. The company is mine", joon furrowed his brows, glaring at taehyung.

With a sigh, he leaned back into the leather seat. "Joon, I know you're fucking stupid but you always prove to be much more retarded than you show us. I have no fucking interest in being ceo and neither do I want the damn company. I just needed a fucking job. So , go threaten someone who actually gives a flying fuck", he frowned. "Whatever ", was all joon muttered before walking out. Taehyung exhaled and closed his eyes. He hated waking up each day and having come here just to see joons bitch face. Why couldn't namjoon understand that taehyung was not here to compete for the ceo position. Ofcourse he couldn't tell them the real reason but he truly did not want the stupid title. The heavens know that if he actually tried to get the position — he would win. Joon doesn't stand a chance. But — tae does not want the family business.

His mind drift to Rick. They hadn't seen each other since the night he came to warn him about Ben and his anger. He hated to admit but deep down, buried under all that rage — he missed hanging with rick. Their friendship was solid up until Anastasia showed up. What was tae supposed to do ? He couldn't escape her beautiful soul. She had him swooning. He was a simp. He had agreed to marry her for the money and his mother. Taehyung adored his mother. Even when she never really stood at his side , he knows she loves him. He never thought he'd fall for Anastasia. His heart was a fortress of cold rock. She came into his life and wrecked his kingdom — he allowed it. She was his priority. He had to keep her safe. Everyone knew she was his weakness. Having a weakness was never a good thing when you ran with shady crowds.

He had to keep her under his wing.

23 : 07