#4

Tw eating disorder talk

The 7 of them sat upon a smooth rock above the water in the middle of the reef.

Huddled in a circle, the order was Neteyam and on his right was Ao'nung, then Tsireya,  Lo'ak, Tuk, kiri and finally Roxto.

Everyone around Neteyam was completely unaware of his current mind set.

Having just thought he lost Kiri, brought him down deep, quickly.

"Breathe in from down here, and out slowly" Tsireya says while placing both her hands gently on Loaks stomach and chest

Neteyam blanked out just staring at Ao'nung. Wondering what was going through the boys mind.

His thoughts wondered farther and farther the longer he stared, distracting himself from his rising emotions.

"You alright Forest Boy?" Ao'nung whispered leaning over to Neteyams ear watching him stare.

This pulled Neteyam out of the trance he was stuck in

"What?" He asks shaking his head

"I asked if you were alright?" Ao'nung repeated

"Oh yeah, sorry just daydreaming" Neteyam replied

"Here let's check your breathing" Ao'nung says, placing his hands on Neteyams stomach and chest, the same way Tsireya did to Lo'ak.

"Breathe in" he said

Neteyam compiled

"And breathe out" he said

Neteyam did so, feeling his heart beating faster and faster, staring to silently hyperventilate, the longer Ao'nung kept his hands on his skin.

He wanted it so bad, but everything in his mind was telling him not to.

Ao'nung noticed this but kept quiet for Neteyams sake.

"Very good, just like that" he said aloud for everyone to hear

He glanced back to the group noticing they wernt looking. Before turning back to Neteyam and whispering

"I can feel your heartbeat, and your breathing. You're not doing well. Care to meet up with me again later to talk about it. I'll bring food?"

Neteyam gasped silently, taken aback by the caring tone Ao'nung had towards him.

Ao'nung truly cared about this boy, though not have knowing him long, understood everything about him.

"I'm fine, but I'll take you up on the offer, just because I like your cooking" Neteyam whispered back to Ao'nung

"Just the cooking huh, and I know your lying, your not fine, I can feel your heartbeat" Ao'nung whispered

"Yeah you're right, I'm sorry" neteyam said, his ears drooped, eyes at the floor.

"No need to apologize, Forest boy. I'm here for you, meet me at the same spot as last night" Ao'nung said

Ao'nungs voice rung in Neteyams ears, like a soft whistle in the wind.

A silent tear drips down Neteyams face.

Unnoticed by everyone but Ao'nung, whose face dropped suddenly seeing the boy in front of him distraught.

Neteyam wanted to feel happy, but his thoughts in that moment was preventing him from that.

The thoughts he was having kept around the same topic from disappointing his parents, to not being able to protect his siblings.