Family

Family, what is family exactly? Is it the people you share blood with? Is it the people who aren't blood but care for you like you are?

I've never really felt like I was part of a family, and that might be strange to some especially when you have 5 brothers, a mum, a dad and a sister.

Let me start with the introduction my dad and mum were both 47. My dad Roman was in an arranged marriage with my mum  Lorna at the age of 18.

First came Massimo who's 28,then came Lorenzo 26,Maximus 24, Romeo 22, Alexander 20.

Mum and dad seemed to get it on quite frequently, considering it's an arranged marriage you could tell they loved each other.

Then unexpectedly came my sister they called her Loretta after mum. She wasn't planned but they was happy to find out they was having a baby girl. And what was even more unexpected was when after an hour my mum started having contractions again and out came me.Tilly. my mum couldn't have anymore kids after that.  She hemmoraged and it was decided that she had to have her tubes tied as next time she might die.

I'd say we had a happy normal loving family life untill it wasn't.

One day the nanny took Loretta and I to the park we was only 4 at the time. Loretta was always the more outgoing sibling she wasn't shy, she oozed confidence and could be very blunt when she wanted to be. We wasn't close for being sisters it was more like we aquatinted the same people.

I didn't hate her, we was just total opposites I liked to draw and paint and enjoyed the quiet whereas she bassed in the lime light.

She wanted to go play with some kids that looked to be popular, I didn't. The nanny had only turned her back for a second before Loretta said we was going to talk to the group of girls playing by the swings. I didn't want to go so I said no. Loretta said the nanny always said to stick together so I begrudgingly went with her. The nanny would be back any second she only went to put something in the bin.

We headed to the girls and I just stayed behind Loretta. These girls looked like mean girls to me, but Loretta fit in perfectly with that imagine. They seemed to click instantly.

Shots..shots was fired. The park became utter chaos parents and children running everywhere to get to their kids and get to safety. It happened too fast.

One minute I had lorretas hand and the next it was gone.

All I saw was a man in black carrying away lorreta.

From that day my family was never the same.