Family fighting

Mei slid her back down her bedroom door. Her parents' angry voices on the other side. She hit the lock and quickly rushed to her window, pulling it open, and jumping out. She knew she had to make a run for Pigsy's Noodles. Somehow she snuck past the garden guards and slipped out the gate, breathing a sigh of relief, she continued to rush down streets and alleys, making her way to the noodle shop. She pushed the door open and the bell rang.

"Mei you're over early." Pigsy called from the kitchen. MK ran over.

"YAYYY MEI!" He gave her a hug and she smiled, pushing any conflict to the back of her mind, she tried to forget about the conflict.

"No yeah- sorry, I uh- my... well, I just thought I would hang out a little before." She shrugged, smiling it off. "Is everyone making it tonight?" She changed the subject and sat down on a stool. Tang nodded beside her.

"Yup," He paused to finish chewing his pre-dinner snack, "Sun Wukong and Macaque will be here along with the DBK family, as usual." Mei nodded. They always had a family dinner on sunday, which was part of the reason her parents were frustrated. But it's definitely not the only reason...

"Alright while, you and MK can hang out for a bit upstairs before everyone gets here, I don't need you all making a mess." Pigsy grumbles while stirring a pot.

"Mo wants to go up with you guys, and if he's with you, then I can help down here. He's a needy kitty." Sandy pets Mo on the head and Mo responds with a chirp before racing upstairs.

"I swear- he's the smartest cat I've ever met..." MK whispered, totally confused. Mei followed Mo up and MK rushed behind her. "Alright! What do you wanna play?" He sits down in front of his tv and boots up the video game console. "Mei?" He turned around and saw her sitting on her bed looking at Mo in her lap. Yes she lives with her parents still, but she doesn't really enjoy it there. She often sleeps over, and often enough that they got a mattress for her so she wouldn't be on the floor every night. It's almost like MK and Mei's room instead of just MK's.

"Hm?" She looks up at him, her face very calm and serious.

"Is everything okay? You really don't seem fine..." MK got up and went to sit beside her. She sighed.

"Yeah. Just, you know my parents, difficult people..." She shrugged and he gave her a hug.

"Don't worry, I get it. You're here now though. Come on, let's play something." He handed her a controller and she looked up at him smiling and hoping off the bed.

"You're on! Get ready to lose!" She raced to the tv, MK following behind.

"Mhm! We'll see about that!"

"MK! MEI! COME ON. THE DBK FAMILY JUST GOT HERE. COME SAY HELLO." Pigsy's voice carried through the house and MK and Mei took no hesitation in racing downstairs. Mo followed quickly. Mei's face lit up when she saw them. She rushed to greet them all individually, and MK as well.

"Hello Princess Iron Fan!" Mei gave her a gentle hug and she hugged back.

"Evening, little dragon child." She responded, which was as polite as she got.

"And DBK wassup!" She held out a fist for him and he responded with a slight grin to the fist bump.

"Not much, except coming here..." He growled, in a friendly way. MK went over to greet them as Mei walked over to Red son.

"Awww you came! You usually do everything you can do to get out of it, and you always fail!" She snickered. Red son crossed his arms and sighed.

"I'm about out of excuses. Besides I don't hate hate these dinners. I just hate them." His expression dropped when he saw her weak smile. Something was up.

"Well! Seems like you're warming up!" She nudged him and winked. He gave her a small smile.

"Pun intended?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh- Oh!" She started laughing. "I didn't even realize that. I'm just a comedic genius like that!" He noticed her genuine laughter and couldn't help but be a little proud of himself.

During dinner, Mei poked at her food, lost in thought. Macaque and Wukong had arrived shortly after the DBK family. The echoes of conversations around her rang in the back of her mind. She eventually decided to just excuse herself and she went outside. MK stared after her, worried. But to everyone's surprise, Red son was the one to actually leave after her. Sandy and Pigsy tried to keep things going like it was all normal but it was a little hard to not try and watch the two. Mei sat on a bench outside, her head in her hands. She didn't look up when she heard the bell ring, indicating someone had followed her out.

"MK, I told you, don't worry about it-"
"I'm most definitely not MK." Mei looked up alarmed, she saw Red son staring down at her, his face expressionless.

"Sorry about that." She fidgeted with her hands slightly,

"Clearly you don't want to tell MK but, do you want to talk about it?" He spoke softly, shocking Mei once more.

"Well I don't know... I don't even trust you, I can't trust you. This is all a truce at most!" She exclaimed.

"But you do trust me. And you know it." He smirked at her and it made her smile. He was acting a little bold. She sighed.

"Well... My mom and dad are never proud of me. They say they are then they will turn around and say something to beat me down again. Now they are starting to get annoyed with me going here all the time. And a few other things" She muttered, curling into herself, insecure. Red son nodded in understanding.

"That happens to me as well. My parents are good at telling me everything I'm doing wrong... what else are they mad at you for?" His eyes shone with concern, and Mei blushed.

"My parents don't approve of who I like," She shrugged. Red son scoffed.

"That's bizarre, you can't control that! Even my parents get that!" He looked bewildered. "What are they like? Why don't your parents approve?" He had to admit he was jealous of whoever she liked but, he wanted to see her happy, and if that meant helping her other boy problems, he was up for it. Mei blushed again.

"I mean well- he's kinda feisty, my parents say it's too aggressive but I think it's adorable... He also has some rival ancestry." She looked up at him then continued, "But I know he's really sweet and helpful. I wish my parents saw it too." Red son looked at her, pink dusting his cheeks. Red son scooted closer to her and held her hand.

"Just ignore your parents for the moment being." Mei smirked then nodded at him.

"I plan on it." Mei shocked them both when she grabbed his face in her hands and pulled him close to her, kissing him. They stayed like that for several minutes. Needless to say, everyone was watching through the windows.

"Come on, let's get back in there." She held her hand out for him and he grabbed her hand, getting the door for her.

Words: 1246

Sorry for it being kinda short! I had an idea and I was getting really sleepy writing it so this is what I ended up with heh.

Have a good night/day! Feel free to lmk if you have any requests you'd like to see! <3