Falling?

Hello! I think it's time to get the train rolling with this huh? I swear I'm getting to it for you guys! Enjoy~

-----------------------------------------------

The next morning, your eyes slowly pull open fluttering them a bit to wake yourself up. Your eyes move around and you realize you slept in the office at the desk. Groaning you sit up and lean over the back of the chair with your arms stretched above your head sighing with relief as you felt and heard your back pop in five different places "ahh fuck that felt good.." you mumble, pressing your hands against your forehead as you take a breath and let it out in a huff.

"Alright..time to get some food." You quickly sit yourself up and you stand up from the chair, stretching your legs as you felt both of your knees pop and then you pop your ankle as you roll it to the side. The satisfying feeling of relief as your bones were stretched and popped from the air pockets.

You look and you then see a.. blanket? You never brought a blanket in here..more was it here in general, did one of your coworkers stop by and drop it off? You gently pick up the blanket and fold it, setting it on the chair; thankful that someone gave you this to make sure you slept well.

You yawn softly and rub your eyes to try and wake yourself up more, making your way out of the office to go get a fresh cup of coffee and an actual meal instead of an apple like last night.

You walk through the quiet halls of the base towards the cafeteria. It was quiet, but it was nice, not having to deal with all the noises and heavy thuds of boots running through the halls. You push open the cafeteria door and make your way over straight to the food, your stomach rumbling for sustenance.

You grab a tray and grab some scrambled eggs, some toast and a glass of juice and you walk over to an empty table and sit down, digging in to your breakfast as you barely ate anything yesterday. Even if the food tasted plain, it was still good protein and it was the only food they had at the moment until lunch time.

As you ate, you lean your head to the side a bit and you hear and feel the satisfaction of your neck popping and you let out a sigh of relief, looking around the cafeteria as you take in the quiet room before hearing the thunks of heavy military boots coming to the cafeteria. You let out a sigh as your peace and quiet was interrupted with the start of the day..

You finished up your breakfast and stood up, grabbing the tray and chugging the juice down your throat as let out a breath before taking the glass and tray to the cart for dirty dishes. The sound of boots come into the cafeteria as you look behind you to see who made it in first and you see Ghost and Soap from earlier walking in along with Gaz who followed behind them along with some other soldiers to get their daily meal of the morning.

You and ghost lock eyes for a moment and you feel your heart flutter a bit as you quickly look away, blinking a bit as you put your tray down and turn off to head back to the medical wing to get your shift started. You shake your head a bit to get your head in the game, but you can't help feeling his eyes watching you walk away. It felt strange..You shake your head as you head back to your office to start working and check in with some soldiers that were out of commissions due to being injured. 

You grab your coat and put it on as you grab your clipboard to see who you have to check on today and you walk around as you check on the injured soldiers, checking the wounds and other injuries and making sure they're comfortable. You go to the office again to type in on your computer of the progress of certain injuries and improvement of the soldiers. You hear the door open and you look up, thinking it one of your coworkers coming in to check in but you didn't expect..ghost. 

"Lieutenant? What are you doing here?" you ask, blinking a bit and you were a little concerned that he might have gotten hurt again. "Did you get hurt again?" you ask him and stand up from your desk. He stares at you for a moment and he glances over to the folded blanket on the table and he nods his head towards it "Were ya warm enough last night?" his British voice echoes into your ears and you couldn't help but feel your stomach turn at the sound of his gruff voice in that accent of his..you snap out of it and you look over at the blanket as you look back at him 

"Did..were you the one who dropped that off last night?.." you ask softly, looking at his eyes through his skull mask, those beautiful eyes that you could stare into all day..

He nods and he crosses his arms over his chest, his muscles bulking through his uniform a bit as he tilts his head a bit, causing your face to get a little warm. "Mm.." he hums in response which you take as a yes. "Ah thank you, very much..that's very nice of you lieutenant.."

"Ghost.."

"What?" 

"Call me ghost.." he responds as he stares at you. You were a little caught off guard but you felt grateful he was letting you call his sign name at least a good sign to you. You smile at him with softness and kindness. "Ghost..thank you again, would you like it back?" 

"Keep it.." he says and he glances behind him "I'm sure you'll need it for next time.." he glances back at you. 

"Thank you.." you say softly and smile at him once more. His eyes glance up and down as he uncrosses his arms, "I'll see ya later.." his voice speaks up as he turns around and he heads off, exiting the medical wing to leave you to work. 

You sit down and you feel your face getting hot as you gently put your face against your cheek and you smile to yourself, you didn't know what it was..but this was definitely progress then just seeing him on the medical bed. You felt happy and a little giddy as your heart beats hard against your chest and you take a deep breath to calm down, this feeling is new..the way his voice sounded..his accent..his eyes..the way his muscles bulked through his uniform, your face was getting red just thinking about it..were you

falling for him?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! i am so sorry for taking so long to get this chapter out for you guys! I just want to take a moment to say thank you guys for loving my story, it means so much to me and i am forever grateful to have so many people read it and add them to their libraries and vote for their favorites. I will get the next chapter out as soon as i can and i hope to continue this story for you to enjoy! 

Anyway, I'll see you all next time and i love you all! Bye bye~~