(01) vivian's childhood

chapter one

chapter one. vivian's childhood

          When Vivian Thomson was a child, she never suspected that what ever she dealing with might be something biggest than expected. To her parents, it might sound something ridiculous, but to her, it is more that that. It's not everyday that you wake up in the morning and have a quick, muddled image of what's going to happen through the day, and even if it happens to you, you would at least suspect you're distance from any powerful fictional family.

          Having superpowers isn't natural. Being supernatural isn't real,

          And whatever you're thinking right now, we both now that if you say something to others they would lock you up in the asylum for life. And that's not good, not good for you and not good for our girl, Vivian. That girl loved life. She's got everything she want. Family, friends, money, fine reputation, secured future and well known successful business. Yes, business.

          When she was twelve, Vivian realized, instead of worrying about her seeing and feeling things unnatural, why not use it for your own good? Like telling people "Knowing your future for this amount of money." and it works every time. People are curious beings, they would rather spend their life knowing what's going to happen than spend it blindly. And Vivian, who definitely understands them, used her 'superpowers' to gain (money, reputation and just to have fun).

          When Vivian was six years old, she met Nova Miller, who she would consider her now, her bestest friend, her right hand and partner in crime. The two clicked in immediately after they both saved each other from boredom in school. Vivian trust Nova completely and when she told her about her 'superpower' Nova believed her quickly without question. I mean, she did ask questions, of course she did, and Vivian answered her questions with pleasure.

          When Vivian was nine, she stopped believing in her 'superpowers'. Her parents knew of what she is believing and punished her for it. "There is no such things as superpowers, Vivian." Her parents would say. She believed them, she did for a while. A year or two. Obviously she did, because of common sense. Superpowers, superheroes, supernatural stuff, these things only happen in books, movie, tv shows and comic. They don't happen in real life. They can't. It's impossible and Vivian almost believed in that.

          But...

          When Vivian Thomason was eleven, something happened that made her completely utterly and undeniably sure that what ever she's doubting in is real. She was sitting with her friend, nova, and they were both drinking tea and having a good conversation when all of a sudden Vivian felt something wrong is about to happen, like something for sure would happen in the next few seconds and that made her feel uncomfortable. Like, you know something is about to happen but how? when? where? She doesn't know.

          An image start forming inside her head. An clear image of the cup of tea her friend holding, falling down into her thigh and burning her slightly. And it all happened right in front of her eyes, in slow motion, seconds later. Exactly of the image showed her. And she knew, exactly from this moment, that whatever she's been dealing with is real and no one can tell her otherwise

          Now, here is the thing. Being able to know what going to happen minutes late is all fun and game, until you see something that you can't really do something about it. It pains her, really, but Vivian sometimes pretends she doesn't see them, so her mind and heart can rest well. Like when she was in school, particularly in class and an image came across her mind showing her that her old teacher would fall of the chair and break his right arm. To be fair, she was almost asleep and didn't have the energy to move when she saw the image. seconds later, he fell and broke his right arm. Poor Mr. Shelby.

          Or when she saw an image of her dog pissing on her mother favorite shirt, she didn't move, first was because she's mad at her mother that moment, second, she was sitting comfortably, reading her favorite book. Let just say things didn't got well for the thirteen years old Vivian.

         Let's leave the superpower on the side, and talk about Vivian in general. Vivian is the daughter of a wealthy family. A well known family. She is the middle child of three and the only daughter. Her brothers are Jason, Michael. She loves them dearly and holds a deep affection for them. Nevertheless, there are moments when she yearns for their temporary absence, wishing they would magically appear only when she requires their presence.

"You do realize that having superpowers means you will be haunted by evil people for ever until you surrender. They will find you and either they kill you or make you one of them."

Her two year older brother, Jason would tell her sometimes, and bother her. Annoying and mocking her. She, Vivian of course know it was a joke and laugh it off. But, there are days where she spends them wondering that his words sound kind of true. She has the 'power' that many people dream of, and if she get caught on the wrong hands, the world is doomed.

"Tell me if the girl likes me or no."

Michael, her one year younger brother, asks her all the time. Oh, Michael, poor Michael thinks she has the 'superpower' of 'knowing the person's feelings'. Vivian would roll her eyes at him and lie about it, depending on her mood. If he's good brother that day, she'll say yes, but if he's frustrating her, she would ruin his day by simply say otherwise.

Even though her brothers is the source of her current troubles. Everyone know siblings dynamics can be quite complex, filled with both love and occasional frustrations. Her parents always tell her to have open communication and expressing her feelings cause it can honestly could be a good starting point.

She is happy.

Vivian is happy.

Like why wouldn't she be happy? Like I said earlier she got everything she wanted. Supporting parents, annoying yet loving siblings, loyal friend, a 'superpower', everything that people wish for, she got it, and she is grateful and thankful for it. It like she couldn't ask for more, afraid that she'll sound ungrateful, and God might punish her for it, and take everything from her in a blink of an eye.

Everything is good and under control.

Or is it?

thank you for reading :)