♡ Chapter 2♡

Espresso sipped on his coffee as he sat in the lunchroom of the school. He was rather tired, as he stayed awake last night studying. But it was okay since he was extra prepared for his classes now.

Latte stepped up to him with her usual mountain of food piled up on her lunch tray. She raised an eyebrow as she looked at him. "Not to be rude, but... You look absolutely terrible today." She sat down next to him, opening a bag of chips and snacking on them.

"I'm just a little tired," Espresso insisted, setting his coffee down.

"You have serious eye bags, man." She grinned. "You look dead."

"Shut up!" He snapped. "It's not that bad, you're just mean." He sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"Are you not going to eat any lunch today?"

"I don't need to," Espresso said.

"Please, I know you, Espresso." Latte smiled her goofy smile. "You didn't eat any breakfast, you're not going to eat anything for lunch because you say 'you don't need to'." She put air quotes around those words. "And when we get home, you're going to lock yourself in your room, skipping dinner."

"Mother's cooking sucks," Espresso said, crossing his arms. "I refuse to eat her food."

"How long has it been since you've eaten?"

He stared at her for a moment, annoyed. "It's none of your business," He mumbled. He didn't want to tell her. It wasn't like it was important anyway.

"More than two days?"

"...Maybe."

She sighed, handing him a ham sandwich. "Here. Eat it."

Espresso reluctantly took it, staring at it before setting it down on the table. "School food is gross. I'm not eating that."

"It's not that bad," Latte sighed. "It won't kill you to eat one little sandwich made by the lovely lunch ladies who put their heart and soul into making you this wonderful, tasty, and delicious ham sandwich."

"Sure." Espresso rolled his eyes. "That was a beautiful speech, Latte. I'm so convinced to eat this sandwich now."

Her eyes lit up. "Really?"

"No!" He yelled. "Sarcasm, Latte. Jeez." He leaned back in his chair, staring at the ham sandwich with hatred.

Latte couldn't believe someone could hate a simple sandwich this much. "God, what did the poor ham sandwich ever do to you?"

Before he could answer, movement caught Espresso's eye and he looked up to see Madeleine walking towards their table. Seeing one of the most popular kids at his school so close to him caught him off guard and he jumped a little, knocking his coffee cup over, and spilling it all over the table. "Shit..!" He mumbled to himself as he stood up quickly, accidentally knocking Latte's carton of milk over as well.

Madeleine stopped walking, staring at them in confusion as Espresso and Latte frantically tried to clean up the spilled beverages, which just ended up knocking more food over.

The surrounding students looked to see what all the commotion was. Espresso stood there, his face red as he realized everyone was staring at him. He quietly continued to clean the mess up.

Madeleine stepped up to them. "Uh... Hi," He said, smiling at Espresso and Latte. "I was just coming to ask you if I could sit with you since my normal seat got taken, but... It seems like you're kind of busy."

Flustered, Espresso stopped cleaning the mess. "N-No! I mean... I'll clean it up quickly, you can sit here, just give me like, a s-second..." His voice trailed off as he stared at the mess of food and drinks across the entire table. This was going to take a while.