028; yet another party

The sun settled as Rafe drove across the Kildare island. Myra sat on the back of his dirtbike, firmly holding onto the kook boy's upper body. The harsh wind brushed against the exposed skin upon her arms as he drove a little too fast. It thrilled Myra, making her heart skip a beat every now and then. She was adventurous and not easily scared.

The music got louder as the evening sky got progressively darker. They soon reached a big nice white washed kook house with a large front yard and big paved driveway. Rafe stopped the bike and got off, pulling his helmet off before he helped Myra down. His firm hands wrapped around her waist, his upper arms flexing as he lifted her down. The sensation of his fingertips against her bare skin sent shivers down her spine. Her worn out shoes then hit the pavement with a faint thud. She pulled the helmet that Rafe had let her borrow off of her head, quickly fixing her hair. She looked up, seeing Rafe gazing down at her, his lips slightly parted. He ran a hand through his own hair, letting it fall so effortlessly to each side of his head.

"What?" Myra asked, feeling the kook boy's gaze wandering all over her body. A smirk spread across Rafe's lips as he adverted his gaze for a second, looking up at the stars that were beginning to show on the evening sky above them. The millions of small stars were nowhere as clear here as they had been out on the open water, they didn't shimmer in the same bright way. Rafe's gaze trailed back down to Myra, yet again scanning over her, taking notice of the way she was standing with her hands resting on her hips. She was a small girl, standing much shorter upon this earth than him. What could she be, 5'2 or 5'3 perhaps? Something like that. Rafe's mind was spinning with a million different thoughts. Myra's collarbones could be seen faintly poking out against her skin by the collar of her shirt. A trail of small goosebumps trickled along the tanned skin upon her arms. She had a very small birthmark on the bottom of her neck that Rafe had never noticed until now.

"What?" Myra repeated herself, now crossing her arms over her chest. She was feeling a little insecure beneath his stare, but Rafe didn't seem to notice. His gaze travelled up her skin, taking notice of the soft Cupid's bow of her upper lip,
and her small button nose. "Nothing" he then responded confidently as his blue eyes finally met hers, the smirk still eminent upon his lips. Myra furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at him, knowing that something about her had crossed his mind. She took a step closer to him, blinking her blue eyes vigorously. "No, what is it?" she asked curiously, only making Rafe smirk wider. He leaned in slightly, once more darting his gaze all over her. "It's nothing" he assured the pouge girl, leaving his thoughts for her to ponder upon.

"Do I have something on my face or what?" Myra asked, still blinking her eyes. Rafe shook his head, muttering a simple "no". Myra took a step closer to the tall kook boy. "Something in my teeth then?" she kept on pestering. "No" Rafe said again, once more shaking his head. "Then what is it?" Myra asked, a little flustered. A faint chuckle slipped past Rafe's lips. He kept his gaze upon her, oozing with rich confidence. "It's nothing" he assured her, dragging his right thumb against his bottom lip, "you look..."

Rafe stopped himself before he let the last word on his mind spill out of his mouth, beautiful. He hadn't meant to start speaking the sentence, it just kinda slipped out. Myra wasn't amused at all. She scrunched her nose up as she stared at Rafe, letting her eyebrows fall into a deep frown. "I look like what?" she asked a little hostile. Rafe let out another chuckle, quickly gazing away. "Nothing, you look good" Rafe was quick to fill in, peering over at her again. "Oh" Myra hummed, seemingly a little taken aback, "okay, thanks I guess"

"Come on" Rafe spoke, nodding his head up towards the large house. Myra didn't speak another word, she just began to walk, dragging the soles of her old shoes against the pavement. Rafe draped his right arm around her shoulders, steering her towards the stairs leading up to the house. It was a roaring party filled with people, mostly kooks. Myra walked next to Rafe, so close, as he greeted people that they passed by. He seemed to know everyone in and around the house. Typical kook behaviour, Myra thought.