Chapter 3: The Battle of Crestoria Nova

I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve
-Isoroku Yamamoto
.
.
.

.

In the midst of the chaos that had enveloped Crestoria Nova, its once peaceful streets now a battleground, civilians ran for their lives. The invading forces of Imperial Neptune showed no mercy as they rampaged through the city, leaving destruction in their wake. The imperial soldiers, clad in dark, ominous uniforms, seemed bent on obliterating everything in their path.

As the terrified civilians sought refuge, the Crestoria police force valiantly attempted to stem the tide of the invasion. Their outdated firearms were no match for the advanced technology wielded by the imperial soldiers. Steam tanks and mechs, massive war machines, rolled through the streets, laying waste to any opposition.

Among the imperial ranks was a mage, recognizable by his distinctive pointy hat. He raised a shimmering blue shield that deflected the bullets fired by the police. The law enforcement officers were left in awe and disbelief as they witnessed this unfamiliar, almost supernatural display of power. One officer uttered, "Oh Almighty," as he saw the magic shield at work.

The imperial soldiers, their ranks disciplined and organized, lined up in a formation reminiscent of Napoleonic tactics. They unleashed a barrage of musket fire, accompanied by the thunderous roar of cannons and the relentless advance of steam tanks. The police, pinned down behind their vehicles, found themselves hopelessly outgunned and outnumbered.

Amidst the chaos, the police captain knew that they were in dire need of help. He desperately reached for his radio, broadcasting a distress call for reinforcement and military support. The situation was grim, and they needed assistance urgently.

The radio operator listened in, concern etched across his face, as the captain's trembling voice filled the airwaves. "Mayday! We need immediate reinforcements! We can't hold them back; there are just too many of them!"

In the midst of the chaos and devastation, as the remaining police officers desperately tried to regroup, one officer shouted over the radio, "Captain, we can't hold them much longer! We need help now!"

But before the captain could respond, a deafening roar from the sky caught his attention. He looked up and saw the ominous silhouette of the mysterious flying machine descending upon them. Its four wings sliced through the air as it unleashed a hail of deadly projectiles, tearing through the remaining police force. Explosions erupted, and the captain was caught in the devastating crossfire.

With an explosion echoing in the background, followed by a deafening wave of static, the radio operator's heart sank

With an explosion echoing in the background, followed by a deafening wave of static, the radio operator's heart sank. He clenched his fists, fearing the worst.

The captain's voice returned, weakened but determined. "It's... too late for me. They got me. But listen, we managed to... push them back. Port... is now... under control by enemies."