Episode 13: Wyldly Inappropriate

Hey guys! I really like the premise of this episode, but there are some things I didn't. Let's get started!

Plot: Kai and Wyldfyre get into trouble when Wyldfyre steals gems from the skeletons and they get put in the walls of punishment. After escaping, Wyldfyre gives the gems back, and then pulls the fire handshake prank which causes them to have to escape. Kai tries to talk some sense into her, but she doesn't listen. They go see the lavatides, who will not give them the dragon core until Wyldfyre and Kai clean up all the pranks she's done. Once they complete their task, the lava tides throw the core in the pit of no return. Kai tricks Wyldfyre into "leading" him into the pit and getting it back, only for it to be stolen by Darama and his stagehands. Meanwhile at the monastery, Zane is trying to work on the portal and Mr. Frohicky takes Zane to the crossroads for the part he needs, but then he realizes he needs money and enters a Zane-a-like contest to win the cash prize to buy the part. He ends up winning 3rd place and a gift card to the junk yard. Then we see Nya and Sora make it to their core location, only to find out it's no longer there.

Things I enjoyed:

- The fact that Zane has Pixal's picture taped to his tech. It's so cute!

- The ninja are perfect example of how not all famous people are rich.

- FADORA ZANE IS BACK!!!

- those chibi Zane flags are so cute!

- I loved seeing Gulch again.

- Some of the Zane moments from the contest were actually quite funny, mostly Zane's reaction to it all.

- Kai coaching Wyldfyre was really good. I think the lesson on the difference between bullying and pranking is an important lesson that shows don't focus on much and I'm glad this episode does that.

- I like the reluctant student/strict teacher roles they're trying to push between Kai and Wyldfyre and I think it's great for them. I hope they keep it this way.

- Wyldfyre is becoming a better character and hopefully they'll keep it that way.

Things I didn't like:

- You're telling me the REAL Zane couldn't win the Zane-a-like contest? Seriously?

- The lava tides are real jerks.

- I feel you Zane. I don't like updates either.

- Darama again 🙄

- Not really related to the episode itself, but I've seen a lot of people shipping Kai and Wyldfyre... yeah don't do that. She's literally a kid and Kai's at least in his 20's. Seriously STOP!

Favorite line:

"You heard the lavatides, you were having fun but they weren't. If everyone's not having fun, it isn't pranking, it's bullying." -Kai

Overall score: 7/10

There are definitely some redeeming qualities to this episode that makes up for the annoying stuff. See you tomorrow!