Chapter 5

Nari walking out of her apartment purse in hand seeing Jungkook open his door to pick up the package laying outside.

"Good evening." Nari greeted him locking the door behind her. Jungkook greeted her with a smile picking up the package. "Where are you off to?" He asked.

"I'm going out to get some dinner. I was craving this place's Kimchi-jjigae but apparently they can't deliver today so I'm going to their restaurant to get takeout." Nari explained going through her purse to see if she had her lipgloss.

"Aah." Jungkook nodded in understanding. "Would you like some?" She asked. He shook his head before smiling, "I'm good, thank you though."

"Your loss, the food is really good. I'll see you later?" Nari said but it came out more as a questions. "Bye." Jungkook said as Nari walked to elevator. He watched as she took out her lipgloss out of her purse before pressing a button.

He walked back into his apartment with his package in hand and closed the door behind him. As soon as Nari got to the basement floor she took out her pepper spray and started fiddling with it.

Anxiety arose in Nari's chest as she walked to her car. I can't do this, She thought gnawing at the inside of her cheek. No, I can. She took a deep breath picking up her pace.

Nari hated days like these, days where she didn't feel safe enough to go outside. Days where her crippling anxiety seemed to withhold her from being a functioning member of society.

Her mind trailed back to the horrible events of summer' 2013. The night her life changed forever, the night her childhood was stripped away from her.

Gurgles.

Blood.

The sinister smile on the man's face as he licked the bloody knife.

The lifeless woman laying by his feet.

Tears clouded her vision while she started her car before streaming down her cheeks. "Suck it up Nari. Don't be a little bitch." Nari muttered wiping her face with the back of her hands before driving out of the parking lot.

...

Why is this bag so heavy? Nari thought as she walked into her apartment. She put down the bag of food on her kitchen island next to her phone.

"What the fuck." Nari breathed out opening up the paper bag. Three huge servings of food laid in the bag. I surely can't eat this all alone. Nari sighed slouching her shoulders.

"Although..." She trailed off glancing at her door. If I spend another minute alone with my thoughts, I might go crazy. "Fuck it." She said grabbing the paper bag and soon finding herself outside Jungkook's door.

She bit her lip before knocking three times with her free hand. A few moments passed before the door opened revealing a smiling Jungkook. But it didn't take long for his smile to fade.

The first thing he noticed about Nari was the red staining her cheeks and eyes. Then his eyes travelled to her shaking her hands. "Hey Nari," He greeted. "What're you doing here?" He asked.

"Remember when I told you that I was going out to buy food. Yeah well instead of giving me a single serving, they gave me three servings and I wanted to ask if you want to eat with me."

"You don't have to if you don't want to, of course." Nari added with a nervous smile. "I would love to, sure." Jungkook's smile returned as he stepped aside to let Nari in.

"Don't mind the mess, I'm cleaning up the remaining dirt from setting everything up." He explained the broom sitting by the door. "Don't worry about it," Nari laughed. "It took me about a week to finally clean everything."