Penelope and JJ

The sun had set and the day was coming to an end. There was a tense silence in the room now shared by JJ and Penelope. The two women lay next to each other in bed, each occupied with their own thoughts. Penelope couldn't wait to share the exciting secret about Spencer while JJ thought thoughtfully about the day and work ahead.

Finally, after the silence had lasted a while, JJ broke it with a light sigh. "You, um, Pen, is there something you want to tell me?"

Penelope smiled mischievously and stared at the ceiling. “Oh yeah, definitely! But I have a feeling you could guess.”

JJ raised an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you have any rumors, Pen. We're here for work, not gossip."

Penelope giggled and turned her head to JJ. “No, no rumors, I promise. But it’s about someone on this team.”

The curiosity on JJ's face was obvious. “Okay, now I’m really excited. Who is it?"

Penelope grinned widely. “Spencer. He has feelings for you, JJ.”

JJ froze for a moment, and then a mixture of surprise and joy ran through her. “Spencer? Really?"

“Yes, really,” Penelope confirmed. "And I think he's really nervous and unsure about how you're going to react."

JJ smiled softly and shook his head. "I can hardly believe it. Spencer?”

Penelope laughed softly. “Yeah, I know, it’s kinda cute, right? But I think it’s nice that he finally has the courage to do something.”

JJ sighed and looked away thoughtfully. “He is an amazing man. I have always admired his intelligence and kindness. But I had no idea he felt that way.”

“You have no idea how he will react to that?” Penelope asked curiously.

JJ shook his head slowly. “Honestly, I never expected it. But I will definitely talk to him. He’s an important part of my life and I don’t want my friendship to suffer because of it.”

Penelope smiled warmly. "I'm sure he'll appreciate it, JJ."

The two women lay in silence for a while before JJ finally spoke again. "Thanks, Pen. I'm glad you told me."

“Always with pleasure, my love,” Penelope replied cheerfully. “But now we should probably try to get some sleep. Tomorrow will be an exciting day.”
With smiles on their lips and light hearts, the two women closed their eyes and slowly let the day's events fade away. As they glittered in the darkness of the night, their minds filled with possibilities and expectations for the future.