11

YN sat in the doctors office playing with the small thread that had unravelled from the knitting of her sweater. She was full of all different emotions at the moment. It had only really dawned on her that she was going to be a mother and the father of her child was sat beside her with excitement all over his face like a Labrador who was finally being taken for a walk. YN looked at Steve who was gazing around the waiting area looking at all the couples who were sat loving together. It was like he was proud he had made it to this position. Sometimes YN had wished she had feelings for Steve, it would make her life so much easier but she doesn't. She only slept with him that night to help him out.. she never thought it would get this far.

Steve knew she was staring slightly. Her perfect beautiful eyes were boring into his skin, but he enjoyed the feeling. He felt like he was being noticed by her, finally. He hasn't been blind to the knowledge that he found himself falling for her slightly I've the past few months. He didn't know if it was because of the baby. Or because she took his virginity. Or if it's because she's the only woman he had experienced that kind of feeling with. He didn't know exactly what had caused it but whenever he talked about her he felt the butterflies fluttering in his tummy, when he would hear her voice done the corridors of the compound he would try to make his appearance as best he could with whatever reflection he could find. There was just something about YN that he felt was the reason his heart was still beating.

"Miss Romanoff?"

YN snapped her gaze to the woman who had called out her name. She felt her stomach doing flips as she slowly stood and turned her eyes to Steve's who noticed her panicked ones. Steve could tell she was nervous, and did the first thing he could think of, he slid her small hand into his larger one giving it a gentle squeeze to remind her that he's there. She's had a scan before but this was the one that could possibly tell them the gender and how well the baby is growing.

YN squeezed Steve's hand back before she took a deep breath and walked with Steve towards the curly haired doctor, who wore a small smile before leading them both down a corridor before walking to the box like room. The bed was prepped and the chair the doctor would sit in was also ready.

"I'm Doctor Lillard and I'll be doing your ultrasound today." The woman introduced herself before putting on some latex gloves. "Okay Miss Romanoff, if you could lay down on the bed and get comfortable for me." Doctor Lillard had motioned for YN to sit on the bed and she followed her instructions with a few steady breaths. Lillard had noticed her breathing and placed a comforting hand over here. "Don't be scared mama, it's just a check up to make sure everything's okay with baby."

"I know. It's just.. it's finally hitting me that this is real." YN replied as her head gently hit the plastic like pillow on her bed. Lillard had instructed YN to lift up her shirt revealing the small bump which caused an excited sigh leave Steve's lips.

"Dad seems excited." Lillard said pulling out the device on the ultrasound. Steve folded his arms as he stood beside YN, eyes full of excitement and heart filled with love. "Okay, YN, the gel will be a bit cold at first but you know that already." She laughed earning a smile from YN.

The doctor placed the ultrasound device to YNs bump before moving it around slowly in an attempt to find the heartbeat. After a few seconds the sound of a healthy beating heart had rung through the machine earning a slight gasp from YNs lips.

"Oh wow." She whispered as she looked at the screen. There they were, her little baby just developing inside of her tummy. "Is.. um, is everything, is every-everything alright? Is it alright?"

"Everything's fine, YN. Growth is healthy, baby is measuring at a healthy size." Lillard said with a bright smile on her face. YN looked at Steve who couldn't tear his eyes away from the screen. He was mesmerised! Everything around him disappeared and it was just him and this perfect little moment when he saw his baby. Their baby.

"YN you're amazing!" Steve whispered never taking his gaze off of the screen. "Um, is it too early to know the gender? It's just we're going to have a gender reveal and I was going to ask if you could write it in an envelope for us to give to our friend?" YN could tell Steve was rambling a little due to his excitement which rumbled a laugh from Lillard.

"Of course we can. We know the drill." Lillard replied and Steve smiled finally tearing his eyes away from the screen to look at YN who had a slight tear fall.

YN hadn't told anyone but when she had her first scan she didn't even look at the screen, she had gone on her own and she just didn't want to look. Like if she looked then she couldn't ignore it anymore, but now it was different. She knew she wasn't alone and had help.

This is a picture of basically what YNs bump looks like currently