Prologue

Birth. Life. Death

Heaven. Hell. Purgatory.

Good or bad, I will find you. You will not escape me. For I am he. For I am it.

You will run. They all run. You run thinking I will never catch you. You run thinking if you hide well enough, I will never find you.

You pray to your god I will never take you. You beg I never find the ones you love. Each plea falls on deaf ears, because I am coming.

You make think I will chase you to the end of the death on my chariot, press my lips to yours and let your body res peacefully. Even when you come willingly, you scream and fight for life. Praying and pleading that it is not your time, that you have more to do, more to accomplish. You claim to need more years under the sun, but you will never be ready. For what is death, in the face of life?

You claim I want your soul, that your death is only in my hands. But do I not want it. Your soul is yours to keep until it is not.

I have never wanted a soul until her.

My Lilith. My night monster.

She is a storm on winter's day, I will be content with never seeing the sun again.

She offered me her soul, and I gave it back. Not because I did not want it.

Oh, I wanted it like a flower wants the sun, like a river wants the sea.

When I come to collect her soul, it will not be able to take her to the afterlife.

No, her soul will be mine to keep.