Chapter 7: Ballerina

I step out the shower and dry myself with a towel

I step out the shower and dry myself with a towel. I put on my grey trackies and a white singlet.

I hear Nellie and Chelsea all talking to my mum.

Nellie wanted to come over. I thought it would be okay.

I had a lot of fun with her earlier. We had so much fun. But i can't get over the humiliation of her there for my panic attack. And she had to calm me down.

I go downstairs as Nellie is wearing my hoodie from after her shower to keep her warm. Her and Chelsea are watching Ballerina as my mum is cooking.

Nellie looks at me as i walk over and she shuffles over making room for me.

I sit down and she comes back over, our shoulders brushing.

I relax into the chair exhausted from today. I rest my head on the back of the sofa, closing my eyes.

"You okay?" Nellie says softly.

"Mhmmm."

"Your hair is so curly." She whispers and runs a hand through my wet hair.

I open my eyes and look at her as she's resting beside me too. She's beautiful.

I close my eyes and let her touch my hair.

I'm so stupid to let her be this close. I'm so stupid to let her touch me. I'm so stupid.

But i can't push her away. She's too good for that. I can't hurt her that way.

But i'm so scared for her to hurt me.

"Henry?" My mum says, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine."

It's silent and i know both of them are looking at eachother. I know they are judging me. I know they hate me.

"If you're tired go to bed," My mum says, "Nellie do you want to stay over?"

I sit up and look at my mum.

Has she gone crazy?

What if Nellie tries to hurt me? What if she tries to come onto me? What if it happens again?

"No, no, it's okay." Nellie responds.

I look at her. I don't want her to leave.

This is so confusing. This is too much.

"What's wrong?" Nellie brushes my cheek.

"Nothing."

"Okay."

"I'm gonna go to bed." I whisper.

She smiles softly and nods, "I'll see you at school tomorrow."

I nod.

She grabs the note pad on the coffee table and she writes her phone number.

"Call me when you need about anything, alright?"