History and Power

I have always been amazed by Hero HQ, the inside of the building is as incredible as the outside. A maze of stairs, lifts, and oddly shaped corridors leading in every direction possible, spiral up the majestic spire.

Right in the centre of the main entrance is a big reception desk manned only by terminals and a giant holographic face. I shuffled past it following a big blue line, painted on the floor, which leads to the med bay.

The med bay is yet another marvel. It's matte white walls seem to shine they are so clean and the high tech medical equipment, could easily embarrass even the most advanced hospitals in the world. Shuffling through I was met by a kind nurse, who helped me to one of the many green curtained cubicles, that lined the main reception area. She sat me down on the large and incredibly comfortable, white bed in the centre of the cubicle.

"Dr Charm will be with you soon." Her soothing voice seemed to take some of the pain away.

"Wait, is there no one else? I really, REALLY don't mind waiting for anyone else, in fact can't you do it after all it's only cleaning and dressing the wound right?" I asked, trying my hardest to convince the nurse.

"I'm really sorry but it's the Commissioner's orders." She said, "My condolences." Putting her hands together and bowing she left the cubicle.

All too soon Dr Charm burst through the green curtains making me jump. He was a tall manly man with a small limp mushroom growing out of his forehead.

"That was fasst." I said jumping back a bit.

"Well a man shouldn't keep a lady waiting." He replied looking off into the distance, his eyes slightly closed. "What happened here my little lamb?"

Before I could answer. "Ohhh you poor thing if only I was there I would've never have let this happen to you." Eyes tearing up, he looked away dramatically making his mushroom flop around his head, and everyone of my hairs stand on end.

"Right, let's heal this up." He said, his mushroom still swinging with the quick and violent movements of his head.

He took a deep breath, gently picking my heel up with one hand and slowly caressing up my calf with the other. Slowly he lowered his head mushroom to my wound. The tip of it began to glow as he gently rested it on the wound, sending thousands of shivers rampaging up and down my spine. The wound sealed up and disappeared taking the pain with it.

Not letting go Dr Charm stayed as he was, with his hands on my leg and the head mushroom resting on it.

"Umn are you done?" I asked cautiously, resisting the urge to escape.

"Let me stay like this a while longer so I can share your pain." He replied softly, as he took advantage of the situation.

"No no that's fine I should leave now." I replied quickly, still resisting my urge to escape.

"Ok." He replied, then slowly lowered his lips towards my ankle. I kicked out and struggled from his grip. Quickly leaving the cubicle in more trauma than when I entered it. I still can't believe they let that man get a medical degree!

Finding the questioning room was a much harder task than finding the med bay. After losing my way twice in the building's network of mazes I finally reached it. G-man was waiting in front of the viewing room door arms folded and grinding his teeth.

"You took your sweet time C rank." He said annoyed.

"Sorry I got lost."

"Got lost!?" Clearly frustrated by the wait. "You've been working here for how long!? and you still get lost. Unbelievable and to think you are his daughter!" His words stabbed into me.