Chapter 11: Piece of shit

Three days skipped™

Nathan's pov

After school, I eagerly headed to the baseball training session. As I arrived at the field, I noticed my cousin Ryder, who happened to be on the team already.

It seemed like fate had brought us together in this sports endeavor.

"Hi Ryder!" One of the boys walked past me and mocked me.

What a bitch!

"What did you just call me?" He held my arm harshly, glaring.

Oh uh I guess I said that out loud.

"Max!" Ryder called him and he just let go of me.

"Such a lucky piece of shit!"  He mouthed at me.

I glared harshly at him, trying to intimidate him. "I'm not a piece of shit!"

"Oh and you back talk? You will be in much pain!"

"Max, let go, the coach is coming." Ryder stood up and pulled him away from me.

Is he defending me? Aww!

"Thank you." I smiled at my cousin as I fixed my hair.

"Not for you pest! I don't want my friend to get in trouble."

I frowned and crossed my arms.

"So you are the new one?" He asked.

"I guess!" I shrugged.

"Then we will have fun, great!" That Max chuckled.

"Away from me!" I warned and walked away from them.

Ryder just smirked and looked away. Such a jerk!

"Mr. Herrira!" The coach called.

" Hey sir!" I stood in front of him.

"Let me tell you that I don't accept beginners in the team."

"And I'm not a beginner. I've played baseball since I was 10."

"Great! Let's check this."

The coach wasted no time in testing my skills. He put me through a series of drills, evaluating my throwing, catching, and hitting abilities. With each task, I gave my best effort, determined to prove myself worthy of joining the training.

As I went through the various exercises, I could feel the coach's eyes on me, observing my every move.

After what seemed like an eternity, the coach finally spoke up. " I'm impressed! Welcome to the team."

"Thank you, sir!" I smiled proudly.

"So boys, Nathan is your new teammate."

"Welcome!" Ryder said, pretending to be nice.

"Oh, by the way are you relatives?" The coach asked.

I felt a knot in my stomach as I heard the coach's question. I was afraid to answer, worried that Ryder would get angry and try to hit me if he found out we were related.

I glanced at Ryder nervously, but he simply stared back at me, expressionless. I awkwardly looked back and forth between Ryder and the coach, not sure how to proceed.

He could sense my apprehension, and he quickly jumped in. "Yes, we're cousins."

"Oh! But I thought Selvio had just the twins or were they triples?"

Ryder laughed and clarified, "No, they are twins and Nathan is Elliot's son."

"Elliot? Why am I not surprised?" The coach smirked then asked, "When did this happen?"