Chapter 14.

(2 months later)
Demarion's pov:

I was walking into the trap with Ace noticing everybody was just sitting on their ass doing shit

"Man the fuck is y'all doing? Get y'all ass up and do some work." Ace said and everybody got up and moved except for two dudes.

"Man nigga I didn't stutter. Get off y'all ass and go do something useful what the fuck?" He said and they got up and smacked their lips mumbling as they walked away.

Ace looked over to me weird and pushed the dude into the wall holding him by his shirt.

"Say that shit with your chest nigga. Speak up." He said and he didn't say anything.

He threw him down to the floor. "Get the fuck up out this bitch for real." He said and the dudes got up and left out.

We walked to the back where drugs were being bagged to make sure everything was flowing smoothly.

"Hey Ace and Blaze." One of the girls said in a seductive tone and I just laughed at her.

"Ace you look stressed. You should let me help you with that." She said and he shook his no.

"Nah baby I'm straight. I got a girlfriend at home and she'll kill you and me. You don't want them problems. Trust me." He said with a laugh and I laughed too replying to a text that Sierra sent.

We walked to where Chelsea was. She was out detective if you want to call it that. "Wassup Chels." We both said while walking in and she peeped at us around her computer.

"Hey guys. What y'all need?" She asked while giving us her full attention.

"Info on Devin Brooks." I said and she nodded typing into the computer.

"Devin Brooks." She muttered to herself while scrolling through information.

"Black male. He's dead now he was 35 when he died on the scene of a car crash. File says suicide but another thing has a witness attached saying a black woman around the same age was seen tampering with the vehicle minutes before the crash. So maybe a spouse or an ex spouse. Happened after he left work." She said and I nodded.

"So there was foul play involved. Wasn't just the suicide shit like how detectives made it out to be?" Ace asked and she shook her head no.

"And the way that it's set up with the different reports is that detectives were involved in the foul play. Whoever wanted him gone was working with the feds." She said and I shook my head.

"Damn. Sierra not going to take this shit well." I said.

"Also, I'm seeing that when he died his whole funeral and insurance policy thing was rushed." She said and I nodded.

I handed her $500. "I appreciate you. You can leave here early if you want to. If I need you I'll call." I said and she nodded.

"Thank you." She said while closing out of the computer and gathering her things and leaving out.