Chapter 20: Limitation

Cherry pink leaves hover above me. My back leaned against the trunk of the tree. Symphia and Kimiko sitting on the fresh soft green grass right in front of me, sitting with their legs crossed. My suit has turned back into my original black pajamas. Kimiko plucks out a single pink flower from the ground as Symphia continues to stare at me with so much fear behind her eyes.

"You tried your best Sora, but in the end there was nothing you could've done. Even I, as the Queen of The Dream Realm, couldn't defeat her. I'm such a failure. I should have never waited for so long, it's all my fault".

"Symphia, it's not your fault..."

"But it is Sora, it's all my fault. For you to understand, Kimiko and I must tell you the rings or zones of The Infinite Dream".

Kimiko nods.

"Picture The Infinite Dream as a massive black hole with five rings. The first ring is the Evade Ring, where a mortal has entered the radius of The Infinite Dream and is slowly being dragged into it, but they can still manage to escape its grasp. Although, the only way to escape it in the Evade Ring is to recognize that you are not where you should be. When you were in the Evade Ring, you were fascinated and paid no care about where you were. A mortal can only spend an hour at most in the Evade Ring, and then they enter the Entrance Ring. The Entrance Ring is where a mortal has entered The Infinite Dream and a Dream Realm Guardian is being chosen to manage your dream in there, that being me. After the guardian is chosen, the mortal enters the Light Ring. The Light Ring is the biggest ring there is in The Infinite Dream. Depending on the mental state of the mortal, they can go up to fifty years in the Light Ring. Knowing that, I thought I had plenty of time to get you back to your world. A mistake I never knew would cause all of this. Before I could do anything to help you, it was already too late".

"After the Light Ring comes the Night Ring, that's when I took over. The last ring after the Night Ring is the No Return Ring where the final trial will take place. One day or twenty four hours to complete the trial, and then you're free. You know what happens if you don't pass the trial.."

"So I'm still in the Night Ring of The Infinite Dream, almost at the No Return Ring with no second chances left to guarantee I'll make it to that point. I'll have to work extra hard to not die".

"This is all my fault, it's all because of me.."

Symphia begins to cry, Suzie leans over to hug her as I stay where I am.

Symphia is crying because of me. Because I couldn't survive long enough for Dysnomia not to use up the last of Symphia's ability to revive me. The amount of pressure and stress I've placed on Symphia and Suzie when I got here must be a heavy burden to carry, I'm such a nuisance. Maybe it would be better for me to just die, it would be better for all of us. The Real World may not be what I imagined it would be. In that world, is there just more suffering and pain than in this world? I haven't heard Suzie once complain about being here. All I've been doing was complaining while Suzie stayed silent or just gave a small 'mhm'. I should just die. Kill myself. I should've done that when I had the chance, I'm just wasting everyone's time..

"Just like Phoenix's death, it's all just my fault. I should've died instead of him!"

"Don't say things like that, Symphia".

"But it's true! My jealousy brought the worst side of me, I almost killed Serena and in her place Phoenix sacrificed himself all because of a shitty decision I made! Dysnomia doesn't show it, but I know she wants to kill me with those eyes of hers. I don't know why she hasn't done so already, I killed her brother, her only family member left!"

"You're her family too, Symphia, even Grim is".

"We're cousins, not siblings!"

"Yet you still are connected, and that's what matters. She didn't kill you because she doesn't want to, because you both are family. Even though you made a shitty mistake, she knows you regret it everyday. That's why Dysnomia didn't kill you".