Petite princess

"Look at that, she is here again."

The soldiers training fiercely looked up and saw the petite visage of a female glancing at them from above. She was quiet and cold so much so that there were very few that could directly gaze into those clear blue eyes.

When General Isaiah raised his head the only thing he could see were eyes searching for someone amongst the crowd, black pools met azure and a gentle nod of acknowledgement was offered by the female. Everyday she would come here and do such things and then disappear without a word.

She was really strange but then she was so enchanting that no one had the courage to question her. Isaiah's father was the second duke of Ardos and since Marianna had appeared they had wished to extend marriage talks with the Empress regarding her sister and their son.

It was just that Empress Layla did not entertain any such thoughts and the Duke, Isaiah's father assumed that Empress was looking for a marriage with another country's monarch for her sister.

Isaiah got up and followed through the stairs to reach her, even though the formal way had closed he still wished to get close to her and it wasn't like it was just him, there were numerous heroes in their empire who wished for such.

Who would let go of such a female...

"Greetings to Princess Marianna." The male bowed and was treated with the same respect by the woman who in turn again looked at the field with a slow serene smile.

"Is General Helios not in Ardos, he does not comes to train at all..." The enquiry brought nothing but astonishment.

"I may not know your reasons for asking but General Helios does not trains with us." It was a new information for Marianna thus when she tilted her head seemingly confused it was somewhat adorable.

"Why? Every high-ranking commander trains here once a week." Her questions were so straightforward and without any ounce of hiding her purpose that Isaiah did not know what to say for a while.

"He used to train with us but...after the war of succession he did not want to come anymore." Saying such the man knew that Marianna must have understood why but the female shook her head.

"What does the war has to do with his not coming?"

Isaiah was silent for a while before looking at her deeply, if her eyes weren't that clear he might have taken it as if she was mocking Helios.

"In the battle of succession, General Helios fought bravely and received a battle wound on his left side of the face."

"So he does not come because of a scar?"

"People are really afraid of him."

Marianna gazed at the serious expression of the commander and released a chuckle that was almost mocking.

"Then if I may ask, where is he at this time?"

"He is at the imperial palace. The emperor favors him so he has his own side wing at the left palace."

Marianna thanked the man and left off making Isaiah continue staring at her back till she was out of sight.

The hallways were long and had little servants as compared to the empress's palace when Marianna ventured inside. Maids looked at one another and did not know whether to stop the guest or welcome her.

"Please tell the General that I seek an audience with him." The butler who came running was ordered without missing a beat and thus he bowed down and disappeared. The maids felt it was precarious to make the empress's sister wait thus they brought refreshments and invited her to the seating area yet the female refused such gestures and stood silently, almost stubborn that she would not leave until she has seen him.

The butler soon came out with sweat beads covering his forehead, and with great difficulty he opened his mouth.

"Princess, master has said that currently he is not available-"

"Does he not wish to take responsibility after sleeping with me?" The chamber locked was thrown open with a bang and the General appeared with his face flushed.

"Princess we aren't in such a relationship-"

"Are you saying I am a woman with low morals and am lying?" Cerulean irises looked at the male teasingly and Helios felt his face flush.

She was lying but infront of all his people could he say that and insult her?

Furthermore it was really unbelievable, she was like a beautiful siren, very dangerous but almost so exquisite that not a single soul would believe her words, he should also not take them seriously. He and her were so different.

"Please come inside and talk."

"Alright Helios." The servants were frozen and dared not even breathe for this dangerous man wasn't someone about whom only rumors circulated for being a lunatic, in reality, they weren't rumors at all for General Helios was known to perform black arts and manipulate minds.

Senators and ministers often wondered if in reality, this person was following Icarus or was rather hiding like a tiger to rebel, to tame such a monster only Icarus was capable enough. Surprisingly enough when Princess Layla was throned as the empress he did not express any displeasure at all and was instead very welcoming.

But when the emperor and empress were considered it was still fine, what power did Marianna have to call his name and come and talk to him in such a manner? The servants looked down just waiting for the outburst.

"After today do not stop the princess entering. You all may resume your duties now."

The servants who were frozen did not act and some stared after him with their mouth open.

They were cabbages for they must have heard wrongly.

"Make haste."

But the people who were in a shock could only first recover themselves before following the order.

The door was soon closed behind and Marianna settled herself well in the chamber, surprisingly there was a fragrant tea present inside and the female elegantly held the cup and took a sip.

"Its smells like lavender."

"It is lavender..wait princess Marianna that was-that was-" At the end the female pretended not to hear his implications and he could not utter that sentence.

It was his cup!

He drank from it.

"Why are you avoiding me Helios, don't act like it was your first kiss...or was it?" When she settled the porcelain cup down and licked her lips, Helios was dazed and could not look away from her..so beautiful, he had never seen anyone more magnificent than she was, they did not sleep and it was all a farce to make him come out but the feel of those soft supple lips wasn't a mirage.

They kissed indeed, no, she kissed him.

A/N: Hey little noodle, yes you...just to inform you that Marianna's story will not be left out at all, she is a very important character and from beginning to end her and Helios's relationship would go along with regret of family members, meeting that bastard Jeremiah and Layla and Icarus's obsessive relationship.

P.S: my favorite color is turquoise.

Bye!