- 9 -

When Keigo woke up he was entangled in a set of warm blankets, but alone. He got up, wrapping his wings around his body, to shield him from the newfound cold of losing the covers. He made his way to the living room, and discovered Touya, sitting leg crossed on the couch, one of Keigo's guitar in hands.

"I didn't know you could play?" He asked softly, leaning against the doorframe.

"Oh man you gotta stop sneaking on me!" Touya jumped. "And I don't know how to, I wanted to try actually. It was there, and I helped myself, and I should have asked, I'm sorry."

"No, you're completely right to do so!" He smiled, and sat next to Touya. His face was still bearing the aftershocks of his panic attack, but he seemed definitely better. "So you were with a band for a year and no one thought about teaching you guitar?"

"Yeah, I don't think they really liked me to be honest? They needed a drummer, and I was here, but that's all."

"Do you want to learn?" Keigo asked. "I'll show you if you want?"

"You would?" Touya didn't believe it a first. "That would be so nice, yeah, I really want to learn."

The red-winged bird got his phone out, and searched for a few moments for a song he could teach Touya.

"Hey, do you know about the band Nothing But Thieves?" He asked as he left to go and get another guitar.

"Yeah, I like them!" Touya said with a smile. So Keigo also had great music taste then.

"Oh really!" Keigo seemed genuinely so happy, and it made the dark haired boy (well more like half white and half black now) smile too. "I'll teach you 'If I get high', it's one of my favorite, and to be fair, the chord progression is not that hard."

First, he showed Touya the main chords to the song, and then taught him how to place his fingers to play them. To be fair, it went easier than Touya thought it would. He was not half as bad as he expected to be.

"Okay, so now just strum the E chord, and the Emaj7." Touya did, and Keigo smiled. "Yeah, just like that, perfect. Now the same with A and Amaj7. Place your finger this way, it'll be easier for you to do the transition." He delicately moved Touya's finger to show him the placement. "You're good! You should have learned sooner, you're a natural!"

"Yeah, I wouldn't go that far, you're just a good teacher."

After a few more moments of practicing transitions, and mobility in Touya's stiff drummer fingers, Keigo suggested they play the song together. After some hesitation, Touya agreed, and followed Keigo's lead. Still, he did not expect for the other male to start singing. That song had such beautiful and high vocals, and Keigo sang them like an angel. His voice was soft yet powerful at the same time, and he seemed so lost in it that it was breathtaking to witness. Touya probably missed a chord or two, lost in his admiration of the other male. Shit, he felt like he was burning on the inside, even more than usual.

"You okay Touya?" Keigo asked with a smile at the end of the song.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I just..." He paused for a moment. "Holy shit you're amazing Keigo."

"Shut up oh my god." He rolled his eyes. "Anyways, are you still willing to busk with me."

"Hell yeah I am, hearing you sing like that more often?" He scoffed. "Like hell I'd pass on an opportunity like that."

"Stop, for god's sake."

Touya knew Keigo was blushing, by the way he turned around, and his wings had puffed. They were small details that he learned to see, and appreciate, over the course of his stay here.

"Hey, how about we go out? To eat something, and get a drink?" He suddenly suggested. "We're both working our asses off, and I think we deserve it. Plus, it's getting warmer, and I could definitely use a walk."

"You don't have to justify yourself so much you know." Touya laughed. "I'll go get changed first, and then I'll finally repay you for that drink on the first night."

"Deal."

Keigo smiled, and disappeared in his room to change from his work clothes too. He settled on a light knitted sweater, in pastel colors, and skinny jeans, and some boots. He also got his leather jacket, just in case it got colder at night. Touya on his hand dressed up in heavily ripped pants, and a loose band tee, that let his tattoos appear. He didn't take a jacket, as he probably won't need one anyways.

"You know, I'm jealous of you." Keigo just stated, as they left the apartment. "You're always hot; so you don't need to cover up. I wish I didn't have to, these wings are a pain in the ass when I need to dress up."

"Stay close to me then." Touya smiled, his tone a little bit flirty. "So then you won't be cold."

Keigo blushed and turned his head quickly. He was really bad at clues, and he was certain he was misinterpreting Touya's flirting as him just being funny and friendly. They wandered around for a while, before they heard music coming from a bar. They decided to take a look, and get a drink in there. As they made their way into the crowded place, Touya recognized some riffs he knew all to well, so he got on his tiptoes, and scanned the place. Ah great, his old band was playing.

"Are you okay?" Keigo asked. "You look pretty annoyed. And kind of scary, if you really want to know."

"Ah yeah, sorry." He sighed. "The band playing is the one I used to be in."

"Do you want us to go somewhere else?" Keigo asked with a sympathetic smile.

"No, fuck them. I hope they see I'm not dead, and fairly happy now." He smiled a little in response to Keigo. "They're just a bunch of cunts anyways."

They got their drinks at the bar, and Touya decided to actually go close to the stage, so they could see him. He knew this wasn't the best revenge, but soon he'll get it, he'll have something better. He'll be so famous while they'll still be playing in bars. That would be the greatest revenge he could get. As they found themselves a little spot right in front of the stage, he felt Keigo press up to him. He didn't really think much of it at first, but when he saw his face, scanning around him, every time someone got a little too close, he regretted pulling him there without asking.

"You okay?" He asked in his ear to cover the music.

"Yeah, it's just a lot more cramped than I imagined." The blonde chuckled nervously. "But I'll be fine."

Touya smiled a little, and placed his hand on Keigo's lower back, bringing him even closer to him, shielding him from the other people as he could. And with just that, the winged-boy felt as hot as he'd ever felt. He tried persuading himself that it was just from Touya's quirk, but deep down inside, he perfectly knew that it wasn't just that. But more than that, he felt himself enjoying the proximity with the boy, and let himself relax a little into the touch, quickly forgetting about the rest of the people around them.