𝟎𝟖

Adhira's mind was preoccupied with thoughts of her past and the sudden idea of marriage that had recently emerged. As she came down for dinner, she realized that she had to go for a hotel inspection on Friday. Sitting at the table, she turned to her father and said, "Papa, I have to go and visit a hotel we are renovating on Friday. Can't we reschedule our meeting for another day?"

Her father responded, "No, beta, they had come to our house, and should I talk to Om?."

Adhira paused for a moment, contemplating her options, and then replied, "No, it's alright. I'll talk to him myself."

After a few moments of contemplation about what to do, Adhira decided to reach out to Om. She dialed his number, and as he picked up, she greeted him, "Hello, Om."

Om replied warmly, "Hello, Adhira."

Adhira continued, "Sorry, Om, I don't think I'll be able to come and see the hotel on Friday. I have to go somewhere important with Maa and Papa."

"Okay, no problem. I was about to text you. Abhi Adwait also called and said that he has something urgent on Friday."

Adhira, relieved that there was a solution, asked, "Okay, then what about Monday?"

Om agreed, "Yes, that's what we decided."

Adhira expressed her gratitude, saying, "Thank you, Om."

Om, ever understanding and supportive, replied, "Aree, it's okay. Bye."

=================================================

On the Friday morning of the much-anticipated meeting between Adhira and Adwait, both households were abuzz with excitement and a touch of chaos.

In Adhira's home, Siya was playing the role of the helpful and supportive sister-in-law, helping Adhira choose an outfit for the special occasion. After a bit of deliberation and what felt like an eternity, Adhira settled on a lovely pink floral suit. She opted for minimal makeup, wanting to maintain a natural look, and quickly got ready. Her parents were already in a bit of a panic, aware of the significance of the day.

At the Rathod Mansion, Adwait had been experiencing a mix of nervousness and tension all morning as he contemplated what the day would hold

At the Rathod Mansion, Adwait had been experiencing a mix of nervousness and tension all morning as he contemplated what the day would hold. His siblings had been teasing him relentlessly since Wednesday, and by Friday, he was thoroughly annoyed. After finally shouting at them to give him some space, he managed to get ready for the meeting.

The Singhals were in the car, headed to the Rathod's Haveli, and Adhira couldn't help but feel puzzled. She turned to her mother and asked, "Maa, why are we here?"

Meera chuckled and replied, "Just wait and watch."

Adhira was still unsure why they were at the Rathod's Haveli, but she trusted her parents. Upon reaching the haveli, they were greeted by Bhoomi and Arjun. Adhira, feeling a bit overwhelmed, cowardly hid behind Siya. Meera gently nudged her daughter to touch their feet, a sign of respect and tradition. Bhoomi looked at Adhira adoringly and said, "Aree nahi nahi beta, aaiye aap log andar aaiye."