Chapter 2: Gellert Grindelwald

Albus had been back in Godric's Hollow for six days. Ariana was always thrilled to see him and spend time with him, but Aberforth always seemed to be in a bad mood when Albus was around.

Every day, he woke up, made breakfast, and spent the whole day with his siblings. They only ever wanted to do the same, boring, monotonous things: "Albus, let's make this puzzle!" "Albus, let's plant these carrot seeds!" "Albus, let's go to the park!" Albus this, albus that, every single day. He didn't have time to practice magic, read books, or exchange letters with the most notable magic names of the day! However, every time he started to feel depressed about his situation, he reminded himself that it was for his siblings' happiness, and soon, he promised himself, he would find another solution, and keep working towards success and greatness.

On the morning of his seventh day in hell- erm, Godric's Hollow- Albus received a note. He opened it, and saw that it was from his neighbor, Bathilda Bagshot. He mentally cursed himself, he had set her first letter aside when he had gotten it and forgot to open it! Bathilda was probably wondering why he was so rude as to not respond to her notes.

The letter said "Dear Albus, I heard that you were back in the Hollow. It has been so long since we have seen each other! Will you come over for a spot of tea at my house, noon today? My nephew has just come to stay with me, and I believe he is about your age! I would love for you to meet him. Lots of Love, Bathilda."

Albus inwardly groaned. He liked Bathilda well enough, but now she would expect him to befriend her nephew, who was probably a numbskull like Doge. He had been in many of these situations before, forced into awkward friendships that bored him out of his - extremely advanced- mind for the sake of being polite and doing favors for family friends. But, that was exactly the point: Albus had to be kind to his neighbor, which meant meeting her nephew. So, at noon, after preparing lunch for Ariana (Aberforth was mysteriously absent), he set out for Bathilda's house.

When knocked politely on the polished wood door, Bathilda immediately opened it with a smile.

"Hello Albus!" she greeted him. "Come, come inside." He smiled and followed her into the house. "Albus, I would like you to meet my nephew, Gellert Grindelwald," Bathilda said happily. "Gellert, this is Albus Dumbledore."

Grindelwald stepped into the room, and Albus barely held back his gasp of surprise. It was the strange boy he had seen on his first day back in Godric's Hollow. He was even more striking up close. He had a mischievous appearance, with something else hidden underneath. Albus wasn't quite sure what that was, but it seemed slightly sinister. There was something feminine in his delicate features, however his demeanor was simultaneously powerful and masculine. Gellert met his eyes, and he felt the same hypnotised in the same way he had been when they had first seen each other.

"Hello Albus," Grindelwald breathed.

"I have to go meet a friend, why don't you two boys stay here and get to know each other?" Bathilda's voice broke the trance, the same way Ariana's had on Albus' first day back in Godric's Hollow. 

"Erm, sure," Albus replied. Gellert positively beamed. Bathilda set out of the house, and the two boys spent a good ten minutes in silence. Finally, Albus broke the silence. "I, erm, I believe this belongs to you?" His voice ended pathetically in a question as he held out the golden chain to Gellert. If it was even possible, Grindelwald's smile widened.

"Ah, good," he replied. His voice had a smooth, silky foreign accent, which Albys found oddly intoxicating. He wanted to hear it again. Stop, he told himself, you're acting insane. "You found it. I was worried that you wouldn't see it. Well, I'd say that you deserve a reward. You should keep it. It suits you." Grindelwald's smirk reached a level of cockiness that Albus didn't even know was possible.

Albus was speechless. This beautiful stranger turned up in his village, was supposed to be his new best friends, gave off a strange air of mystery... and now he was flirting with him? Albus was no stranger to people flirting with him, boys and girls, everyone wanted a piece of Albus Dumbledore, the most promising genius of the past five centuries. But he had normally ignored everyone's attempts... but this boy was just so intriguing. And his eyes were so strange.... They seemed to hold all the dirty, magnificent secrets of the world and made you feel like the most important person in the whole universe at the same time.

"I-I," Albus stammered. Gellert grinned and leaned in almost imperceptibly closer.

"Albus..." he murmured.

"Hello boys! Did you have fun?" Bathilda slammed the door shut behind her. Once again, the moment was broken.

"Yes, Ms. Bagshot.  Thank you so much for inviting me. But it's getting late, and my siblings will be expecting me at home," Albus said hurriedly.

"Yes, of course," Bathilda answered. Albus rushed out the door and started down the lane. Just as was leaving Bathilda's garden, however, he felt slender fingers curl over his wrist. He turned to see Gellert Grindelwald holding his arm.

"Let's see each other again tomorrow," Gellert whispered. And with that, he released Albus and ran back inside his aunt's house, leaving Albus dumbfounded, excited, and most certainly blushing.

A/N: So how did you like chapter two? It was quite a bit longer than I expected, but I guess that's a good thing! Quick question: are any of you in the 

PJO fandom

Marvel fandom

Hunger Games fandom

???????

ok baiiiiiiiiiiii

-lokisqueenforever