Bloody Mary

~THEN~

~THEN~

"How dare you sneak out like that? And break into the town office?" Julia was furious with Riley. The 14-year-old just looked at her, annoyed. "You're not going to give me an answer about who my real parents are, so I'm going to have to find the answers some other way." "WE ARE YOUR PARENTS, YOU LITTLE BRAT!" Riley was not amused by Julia's tantrum. She was used to it. Sarah, Riley's sister, came into her room. "Mom, my homework is done." Julia immediately put on a smile. "Very well, honey." She looked at Riley angrily. "Bradon is waiting for you. A new hunt awaits you."

Riley sighed as she saw the car parked in front of the house. She had hoped that Bradon and Julia were still on the hunt and she could sleep relaxed. "Finally. Get dressed, we've got a new case." Bradon didn't even let her arrive properly, he was already getting on her nerves. Riley nodded, too tired to protest. Hopefully it would be over soon and she could get some sleep.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

~NOW~

Sleeping in the car wasn't Riley's favorite bed, but it was better than nothing. But Sam's screams from the passenger seat woke Riley as well. She looked ahead, Sam had thrown his head back and was looking up at the ceiling of the Impala. "Sam, wake up!" yelled Dean. Sam sat up with a jerk and looked at Dean. "I guess I had a nightmare." Riley rubbed her eyes and sat up. It felt like she had only been asleep for a few minutes. She put Dean's jacket, which she had used as a blanket, next to her and looked at the two boys. "Yeah. One more," Dean replied. Sam was still out of it, then said a little brighter, "Hey, at least I got some sleep." Dean didn't let that get in his way. "We're going to have to talk about this sooner or later." Sam didn't answer and looked around, giving Riley a tired smile that she returned. "We're here?" "Yep. Welcome to Toledo, Ohio."

Sam pulled out a newspaper, Steven Shoemaker's picture was circled. A fatality. Suddenly, without warning. The three hunters knew this could be a case for them. "What do you think happened to this guy?" asked Sam. "We'll find out," Dean replied, then looked at Riley. "Can you hand me my jacket?" Riley nodded and handed it to him with a smile. "Thanks, it was nice and warm." He just grinned and got out. "Let's go."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Once again, a morgue. Riley went cold again when they entered it. She kept wondering how people could voluntarily work here. Then again, she didn't have a better job. They entered the office of the doctor who had examined the body. "Hey." Dean grinned at the man sitting at one of the desks. "Hey." he replied. "Can I help you?" "Yeah, we're..." but Dean interrupted Sam. "Med students." "Sorry?" "Oh, Doctor..." Dean looked at the other desk where the doctor's nametag was. "Feiklowicz didn't tell you?" The man still looked at them, uncomprehending. "We spoke to him on the phone. He... We're from Ohio State." Riley took over, "He was supposed to show us the Shoemaker body. For our paper." The man smiled kindly. "Well, I'm sorry. He's at lunch." "Oh." said Riley, playfully glum. "Well, he said... well, you know, it doesn't matter. You don't mind showing us the body?" pleaded Dean. "Sorry, I can't. Doc will be back in an hour. You can wait for him if you like." "An hour? Oh." Dean looked theatrically sad at Riley and Sam. "We've got to get back to Columbus by then. Look, this paper is half our grade. So if you don't mind helping us out --" the man interrupted Dean. "Look, man. No." Dean turned around smiling, but Riley could see the anger in his eyes. "I'm gonna punch him in the face, I swear ---," he muttered. Sam pushed him behind him, Dean cleared his throat. He placed a couple of bills on the man's table, he eyed them critically for a moment, then took them. "Follow me." Riley patted Dean's shoulder. "Money rules the world." Dean stopped Sam from walking away. "Dude, I earned that money." "You won it in a poker game." "Yeah." Sam walked away, Dean looked at Riley confused. "Isn't money earned when you play poker?" Riley giggled and took his hand in hers.