Confrontation

That morning, Jay was already feeling better. But when he woke up, Syiho was not there.

'Maybe she went back after I fell asleep...'

As Jay was deep in thoughts, someone knocked his door. It was Adam.

"Jay, did Syiho came here?"

"No. Why?"

"She didn't show up at the morning patrol duty. When I was about to go and find her, I met V. He was searching for Anna." Adam was concerned.

"Anna?"

"Yes. And then he told me that Anna went to meet Syiho by the bonfire but Anna hasn't returned also. Maybe something happen and they are still there."

"It's ok Adam. I'll go look for them."

"Then, I will wait here incase they come back."

"Alright thanks."

Worried and panicked that something might happen to Syiho, Jay quickly headed to yesterday's bonfire venue.

'I hope you are ok, Syiho.'

..
...
...

"What is your relationship with Jay?" Anna confronted Syiho with jealousy.

"That is none of your business. Why would you care? You left him." Syiho was only telling her the truth. But Anna was still delusional.

"Jay would understand if I told him the reason why I left him. You don't know how much we love each other." She tried to make Syiho jealous.

"Are you blind? And you called that love? There's no way Jay is still in love with you looking at how he reacts whenever you are with him." Syiho was astonished at how Anna took Jay's feeling for granted.

"What do you even know? You are not even his girlfriend." Unknown to Syiho, Anna was trying to annoy her to buy some time to succeed her plan.

"You are wasting my time. I am going back. I can't believe I miss patrol duty because of you." She thought that Anna might have something important to tell her. But apparently, Anna was just trying to annoy her.

Looking at Syiho as she was going away, Anna quickly grabbed her hand and pulled Syiho towards herself. Then suddenly, Anna fell on the ground.

"What are you doing! Ah!"
She suddenly shouted in pain, flopped on the ground.

'What is she doing?' Syiho was confused.

....

Jay finally found them. It looked like they were in a fight. Jay was observing them when suddenly Anna fell to the ground.

....

She already saw that Jay was coming to their way. So she faked her pain, making as if Syiho had pushed her.

"How could you! I just wanna be friends! Sobs..." She started spewing nonsense and faking her cry, trying to gain sympathy from Jay.

"What happened?" Jay asked trying to figure out what was going on between them.

"She pushed me after I told her that you still love me and sprained my ankle." She pretended that she was in pain, pinching on her unhurt ankle.

"No. I didn't do anything to her, Jay. She fell by herself." Syiho was mad at her lies.

"She lied! You saw us just now. She pushed me. Help me, Jay. My ankle hurts..." She was still faking her pain.

"Enough of your lies." Jay snapped. He never trusted any of Anna's word ever since she left him. His heart still ached whenever he saw Anna.

"Jay? " She faked her sobbing.

"Syiho would never do that. Stop this, Anna. I don't love you anymore. Don't find me ever again. Come on, Syiho." Jay grabbed Syiho and was about to leave.

It was the first time that Jay said those words to Anna. Anna couldn't accept the fact that Jay didn't love her anymore.

"This is all your fault!!" Anna was mad that Jay left her for Syiho. Quietly, she drew a knife and tried to stab Syiho.

Jay noticed that Anna was going to stab Syiho. Quickly, he pushed Syiho away and blocked the knife using his hand.

"Urgh!" Jay winced in pain.

"Jay!" Syiho was shocked to see Jay's bleeding hand.

"Jay... Hold on." Quickly, Syiho tore part of her shirt and pressed on the wound to stop the bleeding.

"Jay?... I'm... sorry.... I.. didn't...." Anna was shocked to see Jay got hurt because of her, her knees went numb. She sat there as her hands trembled and let the knife go.

"Let's get back now. We need to treat this wound." Syiho urged Jay to get back to their tent as she bandaged his hand using the piece of cloth that she tore.

"It's ok, this is nothing. As long as you are ok." He said to Syiho observing her tending his wound.

Anna was heartbroken as she saw how Jay only cared for Syiho.

"I'm sorry... Jay..." Anna apologised.

Pang!

"What did you think?!" Syiho slapped Anna.

"You left him and hurt him! You don't care for him. You only care for yourself! You don't deserve him!" Syiho was mad at Anna. What Syiho said was right. She had been selfish.
She felt guilty.

"I'm sorry Jay. I will never bother you again." She walked away without saying anything.

"Come on, Jay let's have Bulan to treat this wound properly."

They both went back to their camp.

....

"What happened?" Aether was shocked to see that Jay was hurt.

"It was nothing. It was just a small accident." Jay lied about his wound.

"Alright then just let Bulan treat you properly. I will go get you something to drink." Aether left.

Syiho stayed back until Bulan was done treating Jay's hand. Then, Bulan left the two of them alone.

"Why didn't you say anything about Anna?" Syiho asked as she was wondering why Jay wouldn't tell them about what Anna did.

"What matters to me now is that you are safe." He hold her hand.

"You don't know how much I panicked when they told me that you were gone. Why didn't you say anything to me?" Jay hugged her tightly.

"I don't want to see you suffer because of her. She caused you so much pain already."

"Syiho... I..."

Bang.

"Here have a drink." Aether suddenly entered with drinks and cut Jay from finishing what he was trying to say.

"Sigh.. Aer..." Jay was pissed that he couldn't finished what he wanted to say to Syiho.

"What?" Aether played dumb.

"Get out."

"Why? This is my tent too."

Syiho only laughed at the two of them. She was just glad that Jay was ok.