Act 2 - 029

***   Fury POV   ***

"So?"

I cross my arms as I breathe out. "He's settling in. Students aren't hating him but they haven't turned him into a God either," I glance at the distant skyline through the window. "There haven't been any attempts at his head, except for Juno."

Azreal breathes out. "Juno is a special one. A man searching for something worthy... after all, you two know each other very well."

I grind my teeth together.

"But I wonder if it will ever occur to him what he was, who he is... and what he could easily become? Funny that he likes (Y/N) so much because I initially hoped to put the two against each other to see who wins in that sick little game."

I don't answer.

"Who wins, Fury? The one you love? Or the one that you are supposed to kill?"

I don't answer.

"Silence, that is your answer." I glance over my shoulder at the man who is sitting in his chair with his attention focused on the computer in front of him. "Juno's problem is that he gave up on finding himself because his PTSD turns him into a Vampire that hasn't tasted blood in millennia and he caught a whiff of something fresh. He doesn't want to unlock the door, he's perfectly fine forgetting himself."

"You did that to him," I mutter under my breath, feeling my rage burn in my belly.

He changes the subject. "Kiriko."

I crack a smirk. "You want me to go 'collect' her?"

"I am not a fool, Fury. I know very well that you'd tell her that I sent you and she'd come crawling out of the shadows to kill me, I have no means to stop her." He lifts himself out of his seat. "If anything, I am curious about her past, it is like looking at a mirror... it only shows what you expect to see."

I cross my arms. "You think her a God?"

He glances at me over his shoulder. "What else could she be?" He smirks. "I have met dozens of people that share powers... but why haven't I seen a monster, a demon, a mortal... not even a God that has powers like her? The only other person is her blood."

"You want me to start digging."

He nods slowly. "Search the dimensions, find a trace of her existence because there is none in this world... otherwise she hid it carefully. You can start tomorrow, it is about time we put the pieces together."

"Right..." I breathe out with a sigh.

"Back to (Y/N). Can you kill him?"

"Easily," I state.

"Does he have a way of killing you? Permanently?" I shake my head. "Good. You better keep that little secret close to your chest, we don't want you to die under the order of someone you despise dearly. You won't have to lift a finger as long as he plays by my rules."

I entertain him for a bit longer. "To what end? Why keep Troy alive?"

"His parents have something that I need, and if he kills him, his parents will destroy everything I've built on a whim." I asked her, "Do you think this city can survive a fight between Kiriko and her family? Because I am afraid that they will all die like a flame being snuffed out, we can't risk a war so we are keeping the world from turning on him for taking revenge."

"And if the world knew what he did?" I ask him.

He laughs at me. "That would ruin the fun, they will never know what Troy did until it is too late... or maybe just in time to stop a war." He walks to the same windows I am staring out of and gestures at the horizon. "Those waves were the start, there are stronger things waiting to come over, to hunt us down."

I walk away from him, not in the mood to hear him preach about the supposed end times.

"About Juno-"

I throw my blade into the wall beside him, inches away from his face but he doesn't flinch. A silent warning that he shouldn't talk about him, that he has no fucking rights.

He lifts his hand, running his finger over the bladed edge. "I regret what I did to him, but there is purpose in my actions, but if you still love him... you best do your job before there's nothing left to bring back."

I lift my hand and the weapon returns to my side. "You intend on torturing me with my own little brother even in death?"

"He's all you have," he turns to face me. "But what is left, Fury?" He turns around to face me. "What is left of you?"

I turn around to leave.

"Your time will come, eventually."