Prologue - Involuntary Doxxing

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ indicates a timeskip

"Misato-chan, you really should get more sleep."

"You're right Ms. Watanabe, but exams are soon and I can't afford myself any dilly-dally time."

"Do as you must, but at least get plenty the week before." Ms. Watanabe chuckled, "You wouldn't want to lose to Kaito-kun due to unrest would you?"

"Yes ma'am. I'll have to head to the library now, thank you for today's lesson." Misato bowed her head down as she tidied up her desk and gathered her belongings.

Having a caring teacher to caution her about her fluctuating sleep patterns was comforting, but placing second in the final exams was a monstrosity she would not accept. Shiratorizawa Academy prided itself in its education, and Misato was the face of it.

Though Tsukumo Misato was a second year student, her name was known in all the corners of the high school. Coming from Tokyo, Misato brought with her a staggering amount of knowledge and capability. Despite all of that, she was also known for wearing a face mask most of the time. Not that she was ugly, trying to be mysterious, or anything, she was just "slightly" traumatized from a bad food-in-teeth incident back in Tokyo. So, only few knew how she looked (fucking gorgeous omg).

The library was, as ironic as it sounded, Misato's hell. She liked learning and reading, but the pungent smell of old book pages and creaky, outdated wood unsettled her. She had approximately two weeks before the third semester's final exams, and it was officially time for Misato to really focus.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

She locked the library and and tucked away its key, and started to make her way to the exit. However, the gym light was still on. I thought all clubs were paused.

"They're really making those volleyballers working overtime huh." She thought out loud.

"Nah, we've been done sincesix, that's just Waka-chan." A voice behind her replied. She turned around to see a tall red-haired boy looking at her. "Oh, you must be Tsukumo Misato, I'm Tendou Satori." He reached his hand out.

"Yes I am, and yes you are." She politely shook his hand. "You volleyballers are famous here, plus you're kinda cool."

"Kinda?! Miss, we are so cool." He responded with a hint of sass. "You're famous yourself, you know, with the brains and all the awards. You should take your mask off more often though, as I must say you are very pretty." Misato realized she had her mask off and tied to claw for it. "Oh, I didn't mean to startle you."

"Oh no no, you're fine, I was just checking if my mask was there." You smiled. "I don't really mind for people to see my face, but it's a long story. So why are you still here?"

"I don't like to walk back home alone, and so doesn't Waka. So I wait for him. You wanna go say hi?" Tendou asked.

"Sure, but wouldn't we distract him?"

"Nope!" Tendou yanked the sleeve of Misato's pink jacket and pulled them towards the gym. "Also, we're gonna be besties from now on, I don't make up the rules." The girl laughed and nodded in response. Tendou pushed aside the netting and started waving his hand frantically. "Waka-chan! Come say hi to Misato-chan, she's my new best friend." Misato waved her hand lightly, and Ushijima waved back.

"Hello, I am Ushijima Wakatoshi."

"Tsukumo Misato, just call me Misato."

"Nice to meet you, just call me Wakatoshi then." He bowed slightly. She nodded and bowed back. A awkward paused insued.

"He's not gon-" Tendou was about to say as Misato clapped her hands together.

"Well, my mom's actually here to pick me up, and I can't keep her waiting for too long. It was great meeting both of you! Good luck with your volleyball thingies!" Misato said hurriedly as she realized it was almost 8 pm.

"Wait!" Tendou said, taking the marker from the side of the girl's backpack. He grabbed a volleyball and wrote down two numbers. "Here's my number, and here's Waka-chan's. Call us, or I'll have to hunt you down."

"What about the ball-"

"It's fine, I'll just say I broke it. Happens more than I'd like to admit." Ushijima spoke out. Tendou turned around a little surprised, but amused.

"See you Misato-chan! Don't forget to top the exam again!"

"Bye!" Misato waved as she ran out of the gym.

"She's pretty cool huh. So I was th-"

"She has nice running form." Ushijima interrupted. "Wait, did you just voluntarily dox me?"

Tendou happily nodded. "Now now, it's always better to have more friends. You should learn how to socialize, or the press is gonna dread you when you're older."

"Yeah yeah, I'm gonna clean up now. Text your mom we'll be a bit late, I wanna get something to eat."

"Fatass."

"I will spike your head."