Chapter 18: Betrayal

After navigating through the routes to get to the Golden House, they arrived on the context that there were no guards around. They opened the door and walked in to see that it was filled to the brim with Mora and at the far end was the body of Morax/ Rex Lapis, the Geo Archon.

Paimon: Wow... This is the Golden House?

Lumine: At this rate it has to be.

Paimon: It looked impressive enough from the outside... But who would've guessed that it was even fancier on the inside... and so full of Mora!!!

Denki: Yeah! It feels like we just walked into an abandoned gold mine and it is ours for the taking!

Paimon: This is where all of Teyvat's Mora is minted, right? In that case, maybe they won't notice if a few Mora go missing...

Shoto: In that case this place should have been emptied a long time ago, that is if the Millelith were supposed to be guarding this place but it's empty. It feels like it's a trap of some sort.

Paimon: Ooh, so it's a trap. Tricky, tricky... Good thing Paimon's got you guys here! But even if we can't take any, we can still have a closer look, right? Or better yet, take a nap on top of a mountain of Mora! It's like a dream come true!

Shoto: That can wait. Let's investigate the Exuvia first.

Lumine: Yeah. It feels like something is amiss here.

Paimon: Oh, right! Back to business. It's quiet... Too quiet. Surely someone's gotta be guarding something as important as the Exuvia.

Denki: Guys. Look, the Milelith who were supposed to be guarding this place, they are knocked out!

He says batting the eye towards the guards that were scattered around the area.

Shoto: I have a bad feeling about this.....let's check the Exuvia to see if it is okay.

Paimon: Good idea!

Shoto: Plus I want to confirm my theories if Zhongli is really a Geo Archon that is if the Gnosis is still in the Exuvia.....

The four then rushed  towards the Exuvia and as expected it was still in mint condition and unharmed.

Denki: Good, it's still in one piece.

Paimon: So what should we do? Take the Gnosis before he does? 

Shoto: That maybe the best course of action. We don't want a repeat of what happened in Mondstadt.

Paimon: But what are we going to do with it once we take it? 

Shoto: Keeping it here will cause an issue so I say we hide it and take it with us.

Paimon: But isn't that stealing?

Lumine: We can explain the issue to Lady Ningguang and I'm sure she will understand. 

Shoto: Good call. Now let's start.

???: You've already fulfilled your task as guides, so why do you still linger here? Haven't you already seen enough trouble for today?

Paimon: Huh? Who's there?

A familiar voice rang out revealing to be Childe walking up the stairs towards them.

Childe: If you were Fatui, I imagine that you would be entitled to a generous reward from the Tsaritsa herself. But now, you're nothing but dross — and you're in my way.

Denki: Well well well. The traitorous scumbag has finally showed his face.

Shoto: Just as I thought. It appears that we were just in time.