The turning point.

Continuing from the last chapter, 

"Make it a good show you fat giant fucker." Perseus said, dodging across three heads as he cut down another.  "The Gods are watching, let's make this entertaining." He winked at the one way Iris message in the air behind him. If the Gods wanted to watch, he was going to put on one hell of a show. 

"The punk is good." Ares muttered, watching him dodge and swerve Ladon's attacks effortlessly. 

"Too good." Athena muttered, viewing the screen with extreme interest, a notebook open in her hands. "It's almost like he knows how the dragon attacks." She watched as Perseus continued to dodge the dragon's attacks without any efforts, almost like the dragon was in slow motion. 

Perseus suddenly rushed forward, charging towards the base of the tree. 

"What the Hades is he thinking?" Hermes cursed. "Ladon is going to crush him in close range." 

Perseus continued to rush in, and stopped. So did Ladon. He was snapping and roaring at the air, but he wasn't getting any closer. None of his heads were. Perseus continued to strut forwards, as Ladon's heads seemed to move away from him. 

"Did he tangle the dragon up?" Zeus asked, watching intently. His hand rested on the Master Bolt, as it glowed faintly in his hands. 

"No Father." Athena said. "He's controlling Ladon's body against its will." 

"What?" Poseidon looked at the screen with newfound interest. "How is he doing that?" Athena raised an eyebrow at his sudden interest, but didn't comment. 

"I'll take her silence as she doesn't know." Demeter muttered. "Well, I guess that means we're fucked." 

"Could we be dealing with a god of dragons?" Hestia wondered. She was a fire goddess after all, and dragons were fire breathing creatures. She had a certain understanding of them, even if they were too violent for her taste. And from what she had witnessed, she had a certain understanding of the man in front of her too. Her domains of the home, hearth and family connected to him effortlessly. But, not in the way she had expected. The man in front of her had lost both, and lost them in a way which had broken him. Shattered him beyond repair. 

But, that wasn't all. He felt familiar to her too. Almost like she knew him. She couldn't place it from where, but she felt a familial connection with him. It was a little distant, but it was there, nevertheless. 

"What happened?" Percy petted the dragon, even when it tried and failed to snap at his hand. "You know, the Olympians there see you as a pet, always will. I could give you freedom, a new home. Why not take that?" 

The dragon stopped growling for a moment. 

"No, holy Hades no." Hermes muttered, shocked. 

"Would the dragon really go with him?" Aphrodite asked. 

"Even if it wanted to, it can't." Hera said. "The dragon is bound to the tree and us by magic." 

The shadows lengthened around the tree, as they started moving upwards. A dome of shadows surrounded Ladon and the tree. 

"That's it." Perseus shouted. "You got it covered." As he said that, the dome of shadows slowly crushed itself into the ground, taking the tree, and Ladon with it. 

"The tree of immortality." Hera said. "He stole it. He. Stole. My. Tree." 

"No one cares." Poseidon snapped, shutting her up. 

"Those demigods better rescue Arty." Apollo spoke up for the first time. "Or consequences be damned I will go down there myself." 

"Apollo, you will do no such-"