𝗭𝗘𝗥𝗢 | 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦

too late zero⋆。°

too late
zero
⋆。°.˚₊

EACH EMOTION SAT freshly placed in her body, almost mocking her as tears fought for first place in destroying the unfortunate woman's mascara. She felt as though there was a bet beginning inside of her on whether or not the anger or sadness would get her to break first, the winner being sadness.

Her eyes caressed her as they went up and down her tense body. His dropped in relief, the weight of the words he had been carrying lifting within seconds, leaving an open wound for the anxiety and dread to seep into.

The world felt quiet, as though the only sound that dared to echo through the used up air belonged to the two lone people that stood in the once massive room, both their breaths heavy with words that were unable to be said aloud.

And yet the vicious attempt to block out his own words that plunged the knife deep into her already broken heart, failed her over and over again.

"How dare you." She a was yet to lift her gaze, every movement that could have been made having been frozen in place, but it felt as though she didn't have to look at his face to see the cowardly sadness so obviously plastered all over it.

"I'm sorry." The normally regretful words had been drained out as though they were towels, each run of water that the drain gladly swallowed representing each one of their missed opportunities.

His frame was adorned with an expensive black obsidian suit, the blazer being neatly placed on the back of the chair in preparation for him to put it on.

She herself was in an elegant and evidently expensive white patterned dress that pooled around her legs, creating a flowing chain that followed her around like a loyal servant with every step she took.

"Say something, anything." It was as though the words that she had attempted to utter a response were each separately snatched away by the cold air that surrounded the both of them.

Pressing his lips together, releasing his hand from the tight hold it had been captured in, he lifted it to touch his jaw, the soft bleed of white that had that had been painted across his knuckles as if it were an acrylic, yet to abandon him.

The room was dull. Colourful flowers filled every vase in the room, each symbolising an important date for her and a man, a man that was supposed to be him. Glasses coated the table that was strategically placed in the middle of the room in front of multiple sofas, ones that only a few moments had bridesmaids squealing with infectious joy on top of them. 

Empty hangers were lead on the ground, trampled on in their escape to give the two 'best-friends' some privacy before the big moment.

The tension destroyed it all, leaving not an ounce for anyone to waste, gathering the joy and promising to take it to a place that was much more comfortable. A place that she wished so badly to go to. His own body and the multiple windows near by, despite being open, prohibiting the demanding sensation from leaving. It pricked along the flesh of her bare, exposed skin, slowly taking possession of the frozen air to wrap her in a shaking hug.