0.1

Writers' block would be her demise.

Sierra stared at her computer screen, eyebrows furrowed as she struggled to develop the backtrack needed for her new song; her composition book had been torn apart and discarded on the floor in anger.

A sigh escaped her lips, and she stood up in her home studio; she grumbled, pulling out her phone to take a break out of the room, causing her so much internal struggle.

In the seven years of her career, she had four albums that all went gold within the year it was released, and she is writing her fifth album, but she was stumped because her record label wanted her to write a single about her being in love.

She didn't know how to write one because she had never been in love. She had been on a few dates with some musicians, actors, and models, but at the end of the day, she had never been in a relationship. This was her team's way of making it look like she is capable of such emotion, not the Ice Queen that the haters on the internet are making her out to be.

She clicked the call button on her best friend's contact and heard the ringing as she clicked the speaker button as she walked into the kitchen. She placed her phone on the counter, opened the fridge, and hummed; she needed to get groceries delivered.

"She's alive!" Liv joked with a giggle as she answered the FaceTime call, making Sierra roll her eyes as she closed her fridge.

"I won't be soon if I don't finish this song. My manager has been up my ass about finishing it by the end of the quarter, but my brain is just not into it. I don't write love songs for a reason, you know?" She huffed at the end of the rant, and Liv sighed.

"Do you want me to bring you Dominos?" Liv's voice hinted at teasing, but she was serious, knowing the girl probably hadn't eaten that day.

"Yes, please. Do you need my order?"

"Do I need your order? Bitch, I'll be there as soon as possible. Get the living room ready; we're having a girls' night, and you can complain all you'd like." She smiled at her before hanging up, making Sierra sigh as she grabbed the phone again.

She looked at all the unanswered texts, anxiety flooding her body as she read them.

She sighed, putting her phone away again; ignoring messages had become a hobby she didn't enjoy, but for the sake of her mental health, she pushed them to the back of her mind

She sighed, putting her phone away again; ignoring messages had become a hobby she didn't enjoy, but for the sake of her mental health, she pushed them to the back of her mind. She grabbed a bottle of wine and two wine glasses and brought them to the living room, placing the glasses on coasters on the coffee table and the bottle on the table runner behind the glasses.

She grabbed the smaller remote from the table, dimmed the lights, turned on the fireplace, and closed the shades on the windows with a sigh. She didn't realize how late it had gotten, seeing the sunset from the view as the blinds closed automatically.

The lazy girl loved the smart home. She had the physical remote and an app on her phone that let her control the same things. It was helpful when she set up the wake-up and goodnight routines.