𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"I want this as much as you do." Jonathan whispered against my skin. He then took a step back, his eyes locked on mine as he brushed a strand of hair away from my face. As I looked into his eyes I couldn't see a sign of hesitation, I then traced my fingers over his jawline.

All of a sudden Jonathan just pulled away from me, I was taken aback as he did this leaving me completely perplexed. "Jonathan?" I asked my voice breaking slightly.

He just sighed with some irritation I watched as he leaned agains the desk and while rubbing his temples, I could see that something was bothering him.

"Linda, I have to tell you something." Jonathan said with a serious expression as he turned back to me.

I then glanced out the window before looking back at him. "Is that why you summoned me here, to tell me something important?" I asked my eyes narrowing at him.

Jonathan gave me a nod and rubbed his chin. "That and another reason I just thought that I'd tell you this in person, Linda."

Jonathan then pulled out his office chair from his desk and pointed at it. "Here, sit." He said, I then sat down on his chair and looked up at him. "Okay... now talk to me. Whatever it is, I can take it" I said wanting to sound as understanding as i could.

He leaned back against his desk and crossed his arms over his chest, while still looking directly at me with some concern. "It's about my old assistant." He said in a very serious tone.

My eyes widened slightly, for some reason I had a bad feeling about this. "You mean Scarlett Watts?" I asked, he then gave me a nod. "Yes her, I'm sure you must be wondering why I had to let her go."

I grasped my wrist, hoping I wasn't going to dread what he was going to say. "Well now that you mention it..." i said pausing for a moment trying to find the right words to say. "I didn't understand why you let her go she was your assistant for almost three years and all of a sudden, you just fired her."

"There's a reason why I fired her Linda, and it wasn't just because she wasn't doing her part. But she was also spreading salacious rumors about me acting inappropriately with her." Jonathan said his tone was serious and somewhat irritated. I paused for a moment processing what Jonathan had just told me.

"So you're telling that she was spreading rumors about you?" I asked curiously, Jonathan then gave me a nod.

"Why?" I asked I didn't understand why she would do this to him, could it be her trying to get back at Jonathan in hopes to ruin what we have together.

Jonathan sighed. "I never told you this but there was a incident that happened involving her and me, and when I tell you Linda..." Jonathan then kneeled down and took my hand in his. "I want you to know I did nothing to provoke this."

I looked into Jonathan eyes as he kneeled down in front of me I could see that he was sincere and I nodded.

Bracing myself for what he was going to say. I gave his hand a tight squeeze. "I believe you, just tell me what happened." I said softly. I saw the relief in Jonathan's eyes as I said these words he then squeezed my hand back.

"I should have told you sooner Linda, but I didn't know how'd you react." Jonathan said as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Jonathan... it's alright just tell me." I said as I gripped his hand even tighter.

Jonathan nodded before deciding to speak. "Alright, this happened three weeks ago. I was sitting at my desk filling out some documents I then called Scarlet into my office so that she could make a phone call for me. And when she came into my office I could see that something was off with her, she looked as if she had been drinking. All of a sudden she came up to me and threw herself on me..."