Chapter 7: Unanswered

Seeing Allen in daze and out of it during their conversation, Lex was worried if he didn't watered down his drink too much and now was outside trying to fight off being drunk?

He looked at Allen again, confirming if he's sober "Is it okay for me to smoke in front of you?"

Only then did Allen wake up fully "Huh?" he turned his head swiftly at Lex who was smoking. "You smoking? Yeah it's..fine" he stammered.

Lex was at a loss. He bit the cigarette and threw it on the ground. Allen noticed his own bad behavior and was about to scold himself, "Lex...er... I have a question to ask you."

Lex with his hands on his pockets hummed to his request. "What is it?"

"Are there any.." he paused and looked around then leaned on Lex's ear "murders here recently?" he added.

Lex thought about it for a while and shook his head "For the past years no, If you want to hear a fact, Our Country serves no deaths from murder"

Allen nodded, "Did anyone die here?"

Lex now raised an eyebrow but he didn't comment about it, "Well from old age yes but that was merely 3-4 months ago."

Allen asked further, "Who was it?"

"They were unknown a passerby in the county"

Le was confused with this bunch of questions about death and couldn't help but ask, "Why are you questioning me about this?"

Allen looked at him and smiled awkwardly "Well since, I'm also visiting the county I also want to know the da-" he cut himself off "Ahem- Information about the West county haha.." he let out a dry laugh.

JustactingJustactingJustacting?WhatamIdoing he screamed in his head saying those words a lot of times.

Lex seemed to find it funny and slowly laughed. "What else?"

Allen leaned on the wall "How many people are in here?"

"Including me the townsfolk are about 20"

He was surprised that this town was small.

Lex added, "Most of the town's people are old. They moved out and came here for their retirement so the population here has decreased."

Someone was knocking on wood "Hey hate to break both of your's conversations" It was a young adult man speaking he had a blonde ponytail tied around his back, "But Lex can you help me move some crates?"

Lex furrowed his brows looked at Allen and smiled "Sorry I gotta work"

Allen nodded in acknowledgement and let him go. He saw him walking up the back door of the bar and said something "We can talk later is that okay?"

He gave a thumbs up and saw the man going in, If their population is nearing to 20 then half of them are in the damn bar. Specifically 13 people. Those including Lex, Wyatt and Santos. The seven other people might be the mayor,jessie and the sheriffs

Santos! He had to check up on him. He quickly ran back to the bar and saw Steve passed out on the table sleeping. Wyatt saw him coming in and greeted him, "Welcome back Al"

"Sorry for the inconvenience" he said, he wanted to pick up the drunk Steve but Wyatt insisted on carrying him.

They walked along to the Motel, "You're friends not that heavy" he remarked on him "he should probably eat more"

Allen smiled not thinking too much about it, both of them reached the motel's entrance. When Allen opened the door for them he saw the familiar red haired girl, Jessie.

She saw the three men coming in the motel and raised a brow, but it was only directed to one person, and she slowly turned her head away not looking at the men. Allen heard Wyatt sigh and then walked off to Steve's room. When they got there, Allen thanked him again for carrying Steve and Wyatt took off.

There were only curtains pretending to be doors here, so privacy isn't a thing. But, back then no one entered their room at night. He looked at Steve who was passed out on his bed.

He took out his pocket watch, it was a quarter past two. When he left the bar it took him 1 hour to check the alley for any hidden clues or something that is out of place. Nothing out of the ordinary,he just had to wait till midnight strikes.

He looked at the cabinet and remembered Steve's words, since both went straight to the bar. Steve didn't get to tell me about the book. Allen slowly moved over there carefully pushing the dust cabinet out of the way and finally saw the hole.

He took the notebook and flipped the pages, it was still the same. The information about the killer has been torn off. The contents had not changed at all compared to the previous. Steve swore it wasn't him that tore off the page, but who could have done it?

Why is he hiding the notebook in the first place? This question came in Allen's mind as he flipped the pages unconsciously stopping at any sentence he could find.

It's been 73 days in this loop, I'm alone now everyone is now dead again.

Another 2 week reset, I noticed from previous entries. I will always see Wyatt on the first day.

The guy from the bar is very kind.

Santos is dead

Everything was written almost exactly the same as if it was a broken record but on paper. He found a pen on the hole too and wrote on the notebook, Steve wouldn't mind right?

He wrote the information about the killer on a clean page.

The killer has an eagle tattoo and can wield two weapons.

When he finished writing it he looked back at the sentence and sighed, putting the notebook back in place and moving the cabinet. Steve was still out cold and the sun wasn't setting anytime soon. The watch kept ticking and he exited the room only to find out that Wyatt and Jessie were still at the register from afar it seems like they were talking. Allen didn't want to disturb them and waited as he watched since there was only one exit. Which was right in front of them.

He couldn't hear from this area, but he can still see their movements. From what he can decipher they seem to be arguing but what happens next shocked him to the core.

They were kissing.

Author's Note:

Omg a kabit