Break time

-Aizawa POV-

I would be the biggest liar in the world if I said that I have never thought about Michelle ever since they left. I drowned myself in my work and rarely took any time off from being a teacher nor a pro hero. I didn't want to sleep either because when I closed my eyes, she was all I ever saw. No matter if they were happy or sad memories, I always woke up numb. I thought that one day I would get over it, until I saw her running in the school meeting and announced she was going to be a teacher. My heart dropped at not only seeing her again after so many years, but the way she still looked gorgeous and elegant.Just like the last time I saw her. 12 years ago. Her smile, laugh, and energy was the same as always. Bubbly and addicting. But I noticed that her eyes told a different story. A story that I wish I was there to support them, but instead I let my pride get to me. If she didn't reach out, why would I? But, why didn't I?

I've been trying to figure out how I wanted to move forward, but when I found her unconscious and seriously injured, my mind was made up. So many years have been lost and I didn't want to lose anymore. Sadly, what didn't help the situation was Present Mic pulling them to the side and having a conversation that ended up making her cry. She has been distancing herself from me and I don't blame them. I was planning on how I should approach her, and just like that the universe did it for me.

I walked into the coffee shop and there she was.The coffee shop is 24/7 and I usually go in after my nightshift to get myself a cup of coffee so I can stay up to finish on paperwork for school. But what was she doing here? At 3:00am? "The usual?" the barista asked me. I nodded and paid without taking my eyes off of her. Her face was buried in the laptop in front of them with some papers scattered in their surroundings. Their hair was up in a messy bun with a few hair strands out with their big headphones on. She was wearing her oversized clear glasses that she always refused to wear because she thought it made her look geeky. In reality she looked stunning as always. The barista handed me my coffee and without a second thought, my legs started to walk towards her. I sat in front of her and our eyes met.

"Oh hey! What are you doing here?" She takes off her headphones and starts gathering her paperwork. "I was wondering the same thing. What are you doing here at 3:00am?" Really, what was she doing here? I peeked over the paperwork and I noticed it was the students' internships forms. "I haven't been able to sleep lately and I didn't want to wake up Toshinori in the middle of the night again. So I did some quick research and found this wonderful place. I'm almost done with your students' internship. Just waiting on two more students. All you need to do is read them over." She hands me the stack of paper and I quickly look over them. "So this is why my workload was lighter this week." I huffed out and I looked over back to her giving me a nervous smile. "Sorry, I didn't mean to overstep. Tsu and Kaminari asked me for advice and next thing I know everyone came up to me for help. I can't say no to them." Ever since she started teaching, all the students loved her. Especially my class. They're more attached to her than to me. I don't blame them. I felt guilty that she was doing my work. "Let's go. I live close to here and we can finish this together before sunrise. That way you can go to sleep." I hand her back the forms and let her finish packing up as I finish my coffee. We said goodbye to the barista and started our walk to my apartment.

It started to sprinkle just a bit on our way. "We're only one block away so it's not much of a walk." I look up at the dark sky. "Let's race then!" I turn to my side and see her jumping up and down with sparks forming on her shoes. "Absolutely not." "Rude." she huffed out. Suddenly the light rain turned into a heavy rain out of nowhere. "I told you we should have raced!" I grinned my teeth and pulled her right next to me and put my arm over their head to cover them as much as I could from the rain. "We're here." I announced as I opened the door for the lobby and led her in first., "What! We're not taking the elevator?!" she points at it as she seems heading towards the stairs. "Damn it Yagi, you're going to wake everyone up. Plus I'm only on the third floor." She grunts as she trails behind.