008

Naomi POV
Los, Angeles.
2 a.m.

I put my key in my house door slowly because I didn't know if Roddy was up or not. He didn't call me so I assumed he was sleep.

I walked in slowly and seen him sleep and Laylani right under his arm sleeping causing me to chuckle. I love their bond, she truly loves him and it makes me happy that she has a father figure. She deserves it so much she's a great kid and unfortunately her father just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I walked down the hallway slowly trying not to make any noises to wake them up. I went into the bathroom and instantly turned the shower water on. I was ready to just relax and go to bed. I didn't realize it was so late.

20 minutes later

I walked in my kitchen and seen Roddy eating a plate of the food I made causing me to jump.

"Bruh." I said.

"You're getting TOO comfortable." I added.

"Ain't nun." He said shrugging.

"So when you heading out?" I asked.

"I don't feel like driving at this time of night." He said.

"I'ma celebrity and this time of night with no security is outrageous." He added.

"My thing is you never home if I had your house I'd be home." I said.

"No you wouldn't." He said.

"That house ain't nothing for real. Money ain't nothing if you don't have people around you to love and share it with. I don't have a family or no kids I honestly don't know why I brought a house that big just young and blowing money just because it's there." He added.

"I'm sure you'll settle down and get a family one day, and besides Lay always here you do have a family." I said.

"You right, but I want my own seed I'm twenty five now I'm ready for a wife." He said making me eyes wide.

"Oh that's a big step." I said.

"Mhm, so what about you? You in a relationship or some?" He asked looking at me.

"You wouldn't be here right now if I was trust me." I said.

"What that mean?" He asked.

"I wouldn't have another dude in my house if I already have one. It's a respect thing fasure." I said.

"Mm." He said lowly.

"You dating?" He asked.

"Hm.. I go on dates yeah." I said

"When the last time you been on one?" He asked.

"You ask a lot of questions." I said.

"But probably a month ago or something like that." I added.

"Where he take you at?" He asked.

"Okay enough with the questions." I said.

"Nah I'm just curious to see like what you be into that's all." He said.

"Why tho?" I asked.

"Ain't nun just curious but nevermind." He said.

"I don't ask you personal questions." I said.

"You could if you wanted to ain't got nothing to hide." He said shrugging.

"Nah you just over step your boundaries." I said.

"Not all the time but if you don't want me in your business I won't ask no more, say less." He said.

"Mhm." I said.

Suddenly his phone started ringing.

He had the phone on the counter and I seen the caller ID.

LEXIS

He tried to grab the phone quickly but I already seen it, I don't know why he does that it's none of my business nor concern.

He cleared his throat.

I opened the fridge to grab me something to drink, here we go with the dramatic pauses and awkward silences.

"You good?" He asked.

Should I say it?

Nah not my business.

I never been timid.

"So I'm guessing you have a girlfriend." I said.

He chuckled "Woah." He said.

"Who said that?" He asked.

"I mean you act tensed when you getting a call or something. That ain't my business you don't have to hide it or act weird about it." I said.

"I just told you I'm looking for a wife so what makes you think I have a girlfriend." He said.

"I'm still searching, ain't no girl out here real enough for me and if she is I need to meet her." He added.

"Real." I responded.

"You don't know who that was calling my phone you just assuming, that could've been my sister." He said.

"You right ain't my business but I was just making sure you know ain't no need to get tensed or nothing." I said.

"Why you care anyways?" He asked.

"I don't." I said.

"And says the person who just asked me a series of questions about my love life." I added.

"Just trying to make sure you got the right dudes around my niece." He said.

I looked at him with that face black people look at people when they know somebody capping.

"Hm.. I thought you just said you just wanted to know what I was into?" I asked.

He laughed "Yeah exactly the type of dudes you into c'mon now." He said.

"That's not your business Roddy." I said.

"You right I already said that." He said.

"Cool." I said.

"So yeah thanks for watching her for me and I hope you have a goodnight, lock the bottom lock on your way out." I said.

"I can't stay here until the morning?" He asked.

"You don't pay bills here so no." I said.

"I could, i can pay every single last bill in this house." He said.

"Should've, could've, would've but you don't so like I said before have a goodnight and be safe." I said.

"Mmcht, that's cold." He said.

"You gone make me go home alone by myself and then I'll be deep in my thoughts because I don't have nobody to talk to, wow that's cold." He said.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"It's good, goodnight man." He said grabbing his keys.

He sighed before walking to the door.

I followed behind him, now I feel bad but spending the night is crazy.

"What's wrong? What you mean deep in your thoughts? What you going through?" I asked.

"Life Naomi, life." He said before shutting the door.

Vote & comment!!