Chapter 4

The two trolls sauntered into the café on a Friday night, the word spreading that Floyd and (Y/n) graced the place with their musical talents every week. The atmosphere buzzed with anticipation, and Sal, the café owner, welcomed the boost in business. Smiles exchanged between Floyd and (Y/n) as they navigated through the growing crowd, Floyd clutching his guitar with a reassuring hand on his back pocket.

(Y/n) took the guitar from her boyfriend, efficiently setting up the stage for their performance as Floyd excused himself to fetch some drinks. Approaching Sal at the counter, his nerves were evident, met with a smirk from the seasoned café owner. "The two regulars, please," Floyd requested, attempting to conceal his nervousness. "You're a nervous wreck, aren't you?" Sal observed, his smirk unamused. "YES! I could barely keep it together in the car!" Floyd admitted, trying to play it cool and avoid drawing attention.

"Don't worry about it, kid. I've known her since she was a kid. Trust me when I say I've never seen her happier than when she's with you. So, you want my advice? Chill. Let your feelings take over, and don't worry about it, okay?" Sal advised, placing both orders in front of Floyd. "Now, you got the package?" Sal inquired with a raised eyebrow. "I-I yes! Yes, I do!" Floyd panicked, eliciting laughter from Sal. "Okay, good. Now go up there on that stage and do your thing." Sal gently shooed Floyd back towards his girl.

Returning to the stage with orders in hand, you playfully teased, "There you are! What took you so long?" Taking the hot beverage and brown paper bag from your boyfriend, Floyd smiled and chuckled, "Oh, you know, just Sal wanting to talk to me." "Of course, he did," you laughed, glancing at the clock across the hall. "Oops, seven thirty! Time to get this show on the road, don't you agree?" you smirked. "Of course, baby," Floyd replied, placing down his food and grabbing the guitar you had set up and tuned for him.

Smiling at his words, you let him settle into his seat before nodding. "Hello, everyone! Welcome to tonight's performance here at Sal's," you announced into the microphone, provoking cheers from the crowd. "Wow, we've got quite the crowd tonight, don't we, Floyd?" you asked, making him smirk. "Oh yes, indeedy, starling!" he commented back, earning an 'aww' from the audience. "Well, what do you say we give them a show they'll never forget?" you proposed, igniting another round of cheers. "I think we can make that happen!" Floyd smiled, exchanging a meaningful look with Sal.

[Time skip]

The crowd erupted in cheers as you both concluded your final song of the night, leaving you with a satisfied smile. "Now, unfortunately, that's all we have for you today! If you want more, you can come see us again here every Friday at seven thirty!" you announced, but suddenly, the microphone was snatched from your hand, leaving you perplexed as Floyd stepped forward. "Actually, I have one more special planned for you all here tonight," he declared, winking at you. "And this song is dedicated to none other than the beautiful woman standing here next to me..." he smiled, gesturing for you to take a seat in a plush chair conveniently set up behind you.

Gently, Floyd moved to the piano on stage, preparing himself before his fingers elegantly brushed the keys, creating a captivating melody. The enchanting sound filled the room, leaving you in awe of his calm and composed demeanor. As the melody took shape, Floyd began to sing, and the words carried a depth that left you utterly shocked. When did he find the time to write this, you wondered, as the song unfolded.

🎶You won't believe it and strange as it sounds
Extraordinary magic follows you around
And the camera can't catch it, you won't see it in the mirror
If I say look behind you, you turn around, it disappears🎶

His gaze locked onto yours, and you sat there in sheer amazement, utterly stunned by the realization that he had composed a song expressly for you. The melody wrapped around the room like a delicate embrace, and you found yourself unable to contain the blush that crept up your cheeks, a vivid testament to the overwhelming emotions stirred by his heartfelt performance. The sincerity in his eyes fueled the passion in his voice, and you felt every note resonating deep within you.

🎶 But I see it, I see it
I swear I do, I see extraordinary magic in you
Out of thin air, you appeared in my life
Like a burst of Technicolor in a world of black and white
When my heart was locked inside a box, you reached inside and now
I see my future when I look into your eyes
I see it, I see it 🎶

In a surprising twist, someone seamlessly stepped in at the piano, effortlessly continuing the enchanting melody as he gracefully approached you. Slowly, he began serenading you from across the room, pouring every ounce of emotion into the performance, making the air pulsate with an undeniable intensity.

🎶 I swear I do, I see extraordinary magic in you
And I know that miracles happen
Who cares what they say
Is love nothing short of a miracle
Happening over and over every day?
So I'll keep my eyes open, awed and amazed
And if you start to doubt it
I'll remind you of the million ways 🎶

In a captivating gesture, he gracefully knelt before me, tenderly taking both of my hands in his. As he sang directly to me, his voice held an intimate resonance, creating a moment where it felt as if the entire world faded away, leaving only the two of us in a cocoon of shared emotions. The authenticity of his performance made it seem as though, for that fleeting moment, we were the sole inhabitants of a world woven by the notes of his song.

🎶 I see it, I see it
I swear I do, I see extraordinary magic in you 🎶

In a heartbeat, he reached into his pocket, revealing a small velvet box that sent a shock of surprise through me. My eyes widened at the unexpected gesture, and he greeted my shock with a shy smile. As the box opened, revealing a stunning golden band adorned with a delicate (f/j) in the center, tears welled up in my eyes at the sheer beauty of the moment.

"(Y/n), I've known you for five years, and I'm glad to say that I've fallen head over heels in love with you. You are the light of my life, and I've decided to spend the rest of my life with you. So, would you do me the honor of being my wife?" he asked, his voice carrying a hint of shyness.

Overwhelmed with joy, I tackled him in a tight hug, unable to contain my excitement. "Of course I will! You stupidly handsome idiot!" I shouted, savoring the warmth of the moment.

Floyd shared the news with the audience, shouting, "She said yes, guys!" The crowd erupted in cheers as he embraced me tightly, burying his face in the crook of my neck. Pulling away, I delicately placed the ring on my finger before pulling him into a sweet, celebratory kiss. Breaking apart, we exchanged smiles, gently resting our foreheads against each other in the afterglow of the moment.

Sal, seizing the celebratory spirit, declared, "Free cookies on me for such a joyous occasion!" The crowd eagerly filed toward him, and seizing the opportunity, Floyd and I swiftly grabbed our food and guitar, escaping into the lively street, laughter trailing behind us.

"Is that why you've been acting weird all week?" I teased my now-fiancé as we strolled together. He smiled bashfully, confessing, "Of course it was! You try keeping a secret that big from your girlfriend!" Laughter bubbled between us, but alas, the joyous occasion was destined to meet an unforeseen turn.

In the blink of an eye, a bag was thrown over both of us, enveloping us in darkness and uncertainty, a twist that brought an unexpected end to the revelry.

And here we are... you got kidnapped by the zestiest villains I've seen this year. 😂