Chapter 30: Madeline

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2454

SHE WAS GOING to do it

SHE WAS GOING to do it. She was going to talk to them. It was a terrifying thought but she knew Billie was right. She needed to have this conversation.

So, the following day, she messaged Taehyung since they had a better text friendship than the others and waited anxiously for his reply. She had barely seen her mom since yesterday and she was glad about it. Her mom's presence never helped her, no matter how she acted.

An hour after she messaged Taehyung, he replied.

[From Kim Taehyung] Yes of course you can meet us! Is there anywhere you want to go?

[From Madeline] Can I come to your hotel? It's a conversation I want to have in private?

She knew she sounded ominous. A spike of fear suddenly filtered through her body. It wasn't her emotion—it was one of her soul mates. Probably Taehyung. He was no doubt thinking the worst.

[From Madeline] I'm not rejecting you. I promise. I just need to talk to you.

That would hopefully be enough to ease some of his concerns.

[From Kim Taehyung] Okay, I'll let the others know. Do you know where our hotel is?

Yes, she did. Freya had tried to set her up by taking her there. It was a shame she didn't show up. She imagined the hotel was luxurious. For them to stay there, it had to be.

[From Madeline] Yeah, I have the address. I'll see you in an hour?

He replied instantly with a thumbs up. Placing her phone on her bed, she loosened a breath. She would go through with this. If they were to move on from what had happened, this talk had to happen. No matter how terrifying it was.

Madeline had never spoken about her insecurities before, let alone twice to eight people.

Courage. She had to take a leap of faith and be brave.

Madeline sent her mom and brief and vague message, explaining she was going out for a few hours. Her mom probably wouldn't reply—she never did. But if she came back early, wondering where her daughter was, then Madeline could at least defend herself.

It took a short bus ride for Madeline to reach the hotel. She thanked the driver awkwardly and marveled at the towering building before her. She took a few breaths to calm her racing heart.