Ch. 9 *Just One Favor*

*Three weeks Later*
MELANIE...

(WARNING: lyrics to this song have been slightly changed to fit the chapter.)

Well, its been three weeks since my father's birthday week. Three weeks since I've realized that I've fallen in love with Alastor.

Though I most likely will NEVER tell him.
I mean, this is Alastor. How could he ever fall in love?
Its..not possible.

So why the hell do I find myself standing in front of his door in the Hotel at midnight?
Well...because I want to make a deal.

After everything that's happened the night of the ball, father's been furious.
He's...threatened me a few times, called me screaming about how much of a fool I am.

I shut my eyes. I don't know how much longer I can take it.
Alastor is capable of anything.
Then perhaps...he can change my fate. Make me a daughter that's more fit for my father...

Its a risk, but I want to take it.
After all, I think I'm officially on Alastor's good side now.

I knock on his door three times, and I hear his voice muffled through the wood.
"Come in."

I take a breath in, open it, and step inside.
A radio plays on his nightstand, a few of his shadows dance around him and...

OH MY GOD! He's not wearing his coat!
Damn, that's a first.
Instead, he's wearing a white shirt with black suspenders, reading a thick book on his bed.

His looks at me through the top of the book, before he smiles and sets it down.
"Melanie my dear! What a surprise," he stands and approaches me. "Penny for your thoughts?"

I chuckle nervously. "Hey Al," I mumble, running my hand up and down my arm.
He tilts his head to the side. "Is something the matter."

"Just tell him, Mel, it'll be okay..."
I inhale a sharp breath and meet his gaze.
"You make deals, right?" I ask.

His lips form into a bigger smile as he laughs cheerfully.
"Of course sweetheart! But, for a price..." he stares at me with a dangerous look in his eyes.

I furrow my brow. "What kind of price?" I ask, before suddenly, the music only gets louder, and he begins to snap his fingers to the beat.
Oh god he's gonna sing again...

"Everything's better with a song, don't you agree?"

He grabs my hand and spins me as he begins to sing.

🎶"This way my dear, we've a deal to make. I assure this is a good thing for both our sakes!" 🎶

"Wha-"

🎶"I'm happy to provide, but remember your side of a bargain I know you can't refuse to take. All I ask is when I boost your station, remember who gave you this grand ovation."🎶

I tuck some hair behind my ear. "Well its not really GRAND-"
He interrupts me, singing cheerfully as he dances by himself.

🎶"If I call on you for a favor or two, don't forget its now your obligation."🎶

He reaches and takes my hand, spinning me into his chest before taking two fingers to shape my lips into a smile.