Chapter Twenty-Two

The Christmas season approached quickly, although Sebastien and Alek didn't wait long after Thanksgiving to get their tree.
  It hadn't even been a week since the holiday and most of their house was already festive. The couch was covered in blankets and throw pillows, garland was strung up everywhere it could be, and the kitchen had accents that made Malcolm even more excited to make Christmas cookies with everyone.
  Alek was standing on a step stool, his arm above his head and his shirt exposing his skin because of it. He turned his head to look at Sebastien over his shoulder. "Is that straight?"
  "Not at all." Sebastien chuckled.
  Alek reached a bit farther and straightened out the star. "Now?"
  "Yeah, that's better."
  "Thank God. My arm hurts." Alek said, stepping off of the small ladder. He stood facing Sebastien and placed his hands on his hips. "Now what?"
  Sebastien pointed to the unboxed ornaments on the coffee table, "Those," he pointed at the tree, "Need to go on there."
  "Okay." Alek nodded his head and stared down at the ornaments. "How do they...stay?"
  Sebastien chuckled. "I thought we decorated the tree in my apartment last year."
  "No, I had to leave to do publicity shit and then it ended up taking up a lot more time than I thought so we didn't really get to do much." Alek said, frowning slightly.
  "We still did a good bit of stuff, though. Way more than we were able to do before you attempted to come out." Sebastien chuckled.
  Alek half nodded. "Yeah, but I wasn't like...all there, you know. I remember it and I still cherish those memories, but it feels hazy. Kind of like trying to remember your dreams."
  "Then we'll have to make a lot more crystal clear memories, huh?" Sebastien smiled, his hair falling over his eyes as he tilted his head.
  Alek mirrored his expression, still in complete awe that the pretty boy in front of him was a part of his life.
  "So...how do they stay?" Alek asked again, stepping closer to the coffee table.
  Sebastien grabbed a small box from behind the stacks of ornaments. "With these. One end goes in the top of the ornaments and the other end grips onto the branches."
  "Ahh okay." Alek nodded. "I feel stupid not knowing that."
  "You can't help the fact that you didn't have a Hallmark Christmas family. There are some things in life that you'll have to learn a bit later than other people, but that's okay. Everyone's journey is different. It's what separates us all, but it's also what brings us together." Sebastien said as he opened one of the boxes of ornaments.
  "What fucking psychology book did you eat for breakfast?" Alek chuckled.
  "I've had Ben as a best friend my entire life. After a while, some of his sappy, optimistic words stick with you." Sebastien laughed, opening the box of ornament hooks and setting it on the table.
  Alek watched intently as Sebastien grabbed a hook and looped the small end around an ornament, then placed it back in the box.
  He slowly grabbed one of the red bulbs, then copied what Sebastien did. Once all of the ornaments had hooks, they started placing them on the tree, their silent action backed by gentle Christmas music.
  "So..what do you want for Christmas?" Sebastien asked, his eyes still on the tree.
  "Well, Santa.." Alek chuckled, then took a slow breath, "I'm not sure...I haven't really wanted anything tangible since we got together."
  Sebastien rolled his eyes, smiling.
  "I know it's gross. But it's true. I honestly can't name something that I want right now. I have everything that I've ever wanted." Alek shrugged.
  "Really? You don't even want like a sweater or some socks or like jewelry?"
  Alek stepped behind Sebastien and wrapped his arms around him, rocking him back and forth gently, but quickly. "Nooo. I don't want anything, honest. Just you and our friends and cute Christmas traditions."
  Alek kissed up Sebastien's neck and along his jaw. He slowly slid his hands down Sebastien's sides, pushing up the fabric of his shirt up with his thumbs and rubbing his skin. "Does that mean you want something?"
  "Not particularly. I just didn't want to have nothing for you if you had something for me. And I know you haven't always received things that you liked, so if I got you something, I would want it-" Sebastien's breath hitched and he reached up to grab Alek's left arm, that was across his chest.
  "Want it...what?" Alek asked, a smirk tugging on his lips as he slowly stroked Sebastien's dick beneath the fabric of his sweatpants.
  "Want it to...to be some-something you would..actually...like fuck." Sebastien breathed out every word, a few strained moans passing his lips in between.
  "We...we're supposed to be..decorating." Sebastien exhaled sharply, his head leaning back against Alek.
  "Yeah?" Alek kissed Sebastien's neck, biting at his skin as the word opened his mouth.
  "Mhm." Sebastien's nails were digging into Alek's forearm, but he didn't care.
  "You know..." Alek spoke slowly, moving his hand rhythmically between words. "One of the many things I love about this house. Is that I can make you cum right here in the middle of the living room...and no one is here to stop me. I could fuck you against the front door with someone on the other side, but I don't have to let them in because it's not someone else's house. It's mine. It's ours."
  Sebastien was moaning over his words, but Alek knew that he heard them. "Is that what you want me to do? Fuck you against the front door? Or the couch? The kitchen counter? Or do you just want me to keep touching you like this until your legs shake?"
  Sebastien choked on a moan and pushed his head farther back against Alek. He shamelessly let sounds fall out of his mouth and held Alek's arm even tighter.
  "Yeah, that's what I thought." Alek chuckled, still slowly stroking Sebastien's dick as his breaths got quieter.
  He pulled his hand out of Sebastien's pants and stepped back. "Alright, let's get back to it."
  Sebastien turned to face him, his breathing still a bit ragged. "Yeah, sure. And what are you gonna do with that?" Sebastien motioned to Alek's crotch.
  "It'll go away." Alek shrugged, then adjusted himself slightly.
  Sebastien rolled his eyes, then resumed hooking ornaments onto the tree. Alek did the same, after he ran into the kitchen to wash his hands.