CHAPTER 4: AMINA TALBA.

KANO STATE, NIGERIA.

She couldn't be mistaken, those eyes definately belonged to him, she could recognize those forest green eyes and inky black eyes anywhere, only he, had such beautiful and unique eyes. He was the one who had been sending her flowers and gifts despite knowing that their relationship is forbidden and will never be accepted by any of their family members.

The Shugabas's and the Talbas's, her family, have been rivals ever since she was born. Even her grandmother said that she also grew up in the fight between the Shugabas' and the Talbas', it was a fight that even the passage of time couldn't fix, the hatred the two families had for each other is something than ran in their bloods, it has become a part of them. There was no way a Talba and a Shugaba could sit in one place without chaos ensuing, yet amidst all that, she and Azran fell in love.

When she had first met him, she didn't know he is a Shugaba nor did he know she is a Talba, they never asked for each others last names, they started as mere friends and five months later he proposed, saying he wanted her to be his girlfriend. He even promised to marry her after he graduated and settle down, she knew he would do it because they were madly in love but fate had a different script written in mind. She could never forget that incident, it had been written in her mind and she couldn't erase it even if she wanted, she had actually introduced him to her elder brother who hated the Shugabas' more than anything, she actually didn't see the reason they were still fighting even after all this years, to her it was childish but her opinion didn't matter and she was forced to leave the man she loved.

Coincidentally, a student came towards Azran, calling his last name 'Shugaba'. To say her brother was furious would be a huge understatement, he was mad and that day when they got back home, she, a 23 year old lady received the beating of her life, they refused to believe that she didn't know he is a Shugaba and that too the next king, they were furious. The fight was initially with the king who is a Shugaba and so ever since then, they hated all the crown princes and kings.

The Shugabas' and the Talbas' were once friends and their friendship was admired by all, in the sun-drenched days of their friendship, the Shugabas and the Talbas reveled in the warmth of their camaraderie. The bond transcended mere acquaintanceship when a daughter from the Shugaba clan joined hands in matrimony with a scion of the Talba household. It was a joyous union, one that seemed to promise a harmonious future between the families.

Yet, fate took a dark turn. The happiness that once flourished in the shared laughter and celebrations gave way to an ominous cloud of sorrow. After three years of wedded life, the Shugaba daughter returned to her family's embrace, not in joyous reunion but in a heartbreaking state of distress. Bruises marred her once radiant complexion, telling tales of a tragedy that defied comprehension.

The Shugabas', heartbroken and distraught, sought answers. Their daughter's death left an indelible scar on the fabric of their lives, and they yearned for justice. The Talbas', on the other hand, vehemently denied any wrongdoing. Their narrative painted a different picture—a tale of an accidental demise following a visit to a lover's house.

As the Shugabas delved into the investigation, the evidence appeared to point accusing fingers at the deceased woman's husband. The shadows of suspicion cast their long reach, creating a schism between the two families. The air was thick with tension as the Shugabas', fueled by grief and the quest for truth, urged the involvement of legal authorities.

Yet, the Talbas' stood firm in their denial, refusing to entertain the prospect of legal scrutiny. The reluctance to bring in law enforcement deepened the rift, adding layers of mistrust, resentment, and sorrow to the strained relationship. The once-shared laughter now echoed with the haunting whispers of a tragedy that fractured not only the bond between two families but also the very essence of their once-cherished friendship.