I Only Have Eyes For You

"You look beautiful." I complimented Pedro, who was wearing a powder blue jumper and jeans with his New Balance trainers. His hair was extra curly and I was very smitten. My compliment made him shyly smile at me and give me those puppy dog eyes.

"Thank you honey. I can drive, I really don't mind." Pedro followed me across the driveway to my car. We were going to spend the evening at Olivia's. I was so excited to see her. Pedro had been making comments on how he was looking forward to meeting his 'girlfriend's girlfriend' and how he knew she was going to a lovely human, because of the way I spoke about her.

"My driving really isn't that bad, Pedro." I scoffed as I unlocked the car.

"I'm just saying, you haven't seen Olivia in a while. I understand if you wanna have a drink with her." He waited for the light to flash to indicate it was unlocked but he didn't open the door.

"I'll have tomorrow night with her to have a drink." I climbed into the drivers seat and allowed him to follow my lead. "Besides, I should probably stay sober. You keep calling her your wife. And she's my best friend but if you two runaway together, I might have to throws fists at her."

"You'd get your knuckles bloody for me?" He joked as he fastened his seat belt. "I didn't think you were the physical type, Parker."

"Oh I am when it comes to you. Outrageously possessive. Wanna keep you all to myself."

"Well," He picked up my hand and kissed my knuckles. "These soft hands will remain untouched, cos I only have eyes for you."

"Would you let me drive your Audi?"

"Absolutely no way!" There was no hesitation to his reply which made me laugh. "I love you, but no."

"My driving really isn't bad..."

"Oh no, you're a great driver. And you're my girlfriend, my love. But she, she's my baby." His comment made me roll my eyes.

"Your baby?"

"Yeah she's a beauty."

"Me or your car?"

"Don't ask me questions you don't want to know the answer to, darling!" He goofily grinned at me.

"I'm gonna warn you, Olivia's boyfriend might be a bit, er, full on when he first meets you. Olivia has warned him. Though I'm not sure she'll be any better." I pulled off the drive.

"It's no bother, I can handle them."

"You know, when we met in Starbucks? She was the first person I text. I kinda knew who you were but hadn't seen you in anything. Olivia was the one who knew about you. She and Jack have watched you in so many things. I'd met Andrew Garfield a few weeks before you and I thought she was jealous then but she was so annoyed when I met you."

"Bet she was furious when you started sleeping with him and made him your boyfriend, huh?" He winked at me.

"If I recall correctly, you were the one who asked me to be your girlfriend, Pascal."

"Best decision I ever made." He squeezed my knee at the red light. "Wait, you met Andrew Garfield?"

"Yeah."

"And he didn't ask you out?"

"Nope. Why would he? I wouldn't have said yes anyway."

"Why not? He's a good looking man."

"Not my cup of tea!" I grabbed his hand and kissed it. Pedro smiled at my gesture and winked at me. It was in these simple moments that I really appreciated how lucky I was. I knew I was every single day. It was obvious when you looked at him and then at me. He was naturally gorgeous. But the light, the joy, the comfort, the happiness this man exuded was indescribable.