Chapter 17: Bonding with Jasper

Why is life the way it is? i ask myself what would happen if life was the way we would want it. I guess life is not the way we want it because our fate is not in our hands as it's in gods.

I admire myself in the mirror as i feel so beautiful. One of my interns, James Stewart, has been asking me on a date for weeks, and I agreed today to go with him to have breakfast.

My mind then drifts to Ares. The truth is, i still feel something for Ares, but i can't be feeling that in my life anymore as it's slowly shattering my heart into pieces. I believe if i maybe meet new people, get to know new people, it will fill the void of the feeling of being in love as it's my unrequited love.

I hear a knock on my door in which i open it just to see Ares's face, and i look at him in shock as i wasn't expecting him. I invite Ares in and he comes in saying he is sorry and that he basically fucked up but i forgave him already as i can't resent him for not loving me.

He  comes in with lots of gifts for me and smile because it's thoughtful but i don't need gifts to make me happy i need something that everyone craves and that's the feeling of love and yet i don't have that feeling.

"Really because i was stressing out and..." Ares says but gets interrupted by the doorbell as i open it to see James with flowers in his hands.

James comes in saying,"Sorry, my lady."

James must have noticed Ares giving him a look because if looks could kill James, it would be five feet underground.

I then decide to break the tension,"It's no problem, James, um, this is my friend Ares," i say, guestering to him.

I see Ares jaw clenching for some reason. i don't know what his problem is again.

James then goes and shakes his hand, introducing where Ares just says,"Ares Walker."

I just roll my eyes as he is trying to use his surname. Walker, trying to scare James off Ares, must have seen me roll my eyes as he smirked at me.

James then says,"We should go off to breakfast, my lovely date," and i smile at him.

I look at Ares too, seeing him giving me a hurt look, but he quickly changes it to a furious look.

I say to Ares,"I will see you um later."

He clears his throat and says,"The fuck you will go on this date" and i just roll my eyes and tell James that i will be down in a few minute James, he then says he will wait for me downstairs.

Ares comes up to me and pushes me against the wall trapping me between his hands,"You not going on this fucking date you get me," he says and I feel his anger radiate off him.

I look at him dead in the eyes and say,"And i fucking don't care what you say,"

He laughs sounding a bit sadistic,"Oh but you should give a fuck what i say" he says as he puts his nose in the crook of neck.

He kisses my neck and whispers against it,"Your scent drives me insane."

"Well, take it in because soon you might get another man's scent on me and do hope you get used to it," i say, not actually thinking what I'm saying.

He shouts and punches the wall on the side of my head,"Ares do me a favour go fuck yourself you don't own me," i say looking at him he then lets me go as i dawns upon on him.

I then leave him and go off to Jamses

Ares Pov

I look at my hands to see I'm bleeding, probably due to me punching the wall.