Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Looking at the lotuses floating on the pond, I allow my thoughts to wonder back to the information Juden gave me about the night of the rebellion. I don't remember that day, remember the fear and pain caused by Juden and his men. But something inside me nags at me.

"Are you okay?" Taking the spot beside me on the bench, Sky wraps his arms around my shoulders and pulls me to his side. I sigh, resting my head against him and lean into his touch.

"No, but eventually I will be." I whisper, wrapping my arms around him. The green house is quiet and calm, the perfect place to be alone without worry.

"We need to find that doctor Trilavantas mentioned. See if he can give us answers on your memory loss as well as what sort of business he had with that man." It feels like Sky is inside my mind as I was thinking the same thing. This Doctor Lance seems to be the link to my missing memories and how I ended up in the Slums. After agreeing with him, Sky and I return to looking at the pond in silence as the soothing sound of trickling water from a man made water fall calms my thoughts. The scent of the many flowers brought in my Tim, Sky's father, floats around the air.

"Have you gotten any memories back lately?" Breaking the Silence, Sky pulls away to look at me, his green eyes filled with worry.

"Just one." I admit, giving him a small reassuring smile.

"I was in a forest being chased by wild dogs and a boy came to save me. I know it wasn't Demitrias but at the same time I couldn't see who this boy was. His face was blurred, as if my brain was stopping me from remembering him." Sky stiffens at my words, something I find strange but maybe he might know about this incident. He was a squire by this point from what I saw in his pictures.

"I wish I could remember him, the boy I mean. I would tell him thank you for protecting me and helping me. I actually think he is the one who brought me to that Apple Farm." Admitting this to Sky feels good. I remember having vague dreams when back in the prison cell, how there was sounds of fighting, a man and a child in front of him and what sounds like a horse. But that's all I can remember. Sometimes I feel like it was just my imagination, my mind trying to help me deal with being in prison, but now knowing what I do because of what Juden told us makes me believe that my dreams were actually memories.

"I bet he already knows how you feel." Sky muses, running his fingers in my hair and pulling me closer to him again. Resting my head against his chest, I can hear the steady beating of his heart. It is soothing, calming me more than relaxing with all these flowers ever can. Since Demitrias took me away from the prison, my life has become chaotic. Every day is a fight to prove to people that I am the rightful ruler Nimairene needs. Every day is one I struggle with. Tomorrow I need to confront my Generals. To reorganize my military. From there I will need to have hire tutors. I will need to prepare for my ascension to Queen in a few months.

"You seem to have a lot on your mind." Chuckle, I pull away to look into Sky's eyes, feeling my heart skip a beat.

"I do. The worst part is I only have a little time to sort it all out." Admitting this out loud makes it feel all to real, all to crazy.

"Well I can take one worry off your mind." His fingers draw small circles on my back, distracting me for a moment.

"Arian has started training new Royal Guards and your Elite Personal Guards have been chosen. You can meet them Tomorrow after dealing with all the old coots at the Generals meeting." Closing my eyes, I let out a soft sigh of relief and rest my forehead against his shoulder, feeling tears of relief slipping down my cheeks.

"Thank you." Knowing that my Guards are now fully loyal to me and my country is the best feeling. I no longer need to worry about sleeping with one eye open. No threat of having a knife being stabbed into my back by one of Juden's men.

"Its my job as your Captain and friend." He whispers back. My stomach decides in this moment to let my hunger be known, making both Sky and I laugh.

"Hungry Alli?" Pulling away from me, Sky pokes my nose, followed by his own stomach growling as well.

"Seems like you are too." A blush covers his cheeks as I poke my finger into the small dimple on his left cheek, getting an eye roll as my response.

"I am. We should ask the staff to make us something to eat."

"Screw that. I can whip us something up pretty quickly.

"You do know there is a full staff waiting to feed you right?"

"You do know that I know how to cook right?" Giving him a pointed look, I stand from the bench and stretch.

"Okay, but I get to help since I want macaroni and cheese." Smiling at his idea, I hold my hand out to Sky and watch as he takes it. Soon he is standing beside me, his green gaze warm and welcoming as he looks into my eyes.

"Sounds good to me then. I could use some help in the kitchen." With that, we make our way out of the green house and towards the Palace. Hopefully the Kitchen staff can be understanding with me wanting to cook. Maybe I should redesign my wing of the palace and include a kitchen and dining area for mine and my Elite's personal use.